ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Special User Sections > DC Website Help and Extras

How could I set PMs in my DC Inbox to auto- forward to my email address?

(1/2) > >>

IainB:
How could I set PMs (Private Messages) s in my DC Inbox to auto-forward my email address?

I have searched the site looking for help on this, but have found nothing relevant yet.

Can the user set preferences somehow to auto-forward PMs to their email address?

(Thanks in advance.)

lanux128:
is this what you're loooking for?

IainB:
@lanux128: Ah, no, I don't think that will do it - but many thanks anyway.       :(
I had already set the Notifications ON for when PMs went to my Inbox, and that is working OK.

What I wanted was for the full content of the PM to be forwarded to my email address, so that I didn't have to go and use the blasted DC Forum's proprietary and constipated Inbox thingy to read the PM - I hate using it. (Same goes for the Inboxes in Facebook and LinkedIn.)

IainB:
No, wait - I am mistaken.
I had not spotted that until just checking it now: The full text of the PM seems to be copied into the Notification that is sent to the user's email address.

I had mistakenly thought that it truncated the content of the PM, but I now realise that is not the case.

I am making mistakes because I am tired.
Must go to bed.

Thanks!             :Thmbsup:

daddydave:
Fwiw, mine is set to Always (that seems to be the DC default for Personal Message options) and I get the full text of the PM in my email. I see it worked for you now, cool. I'm glad I went there because I noticed the "Save a copy of each Personal Message in my outbox by default" option, which I just checked.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version