ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snack Guidelines

Coding Snacks Challenge - Design a Coding Snack Game

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
i'd love to see someone come up with a game that can be programmed in a day.
Especially one which made use of external data files that could be written by users. A good example of this would be a trivia game, or hangman, where the core game engine is simple, and other users can make data files containing trivia questions or hangman words+phrases.

I'd love to have some suggestions for some new creative ideas for a fun game that had a very simple engine but could be greatly expanded by user-written data files.

nite_monkey:
expanding on that idea, someone could make a website version of hangman, and then users could upload text files with their own personal words/phrases, and then the site would add it to the database,and then when a user goes to the site, they would get a word that a user came up with.

tinjaw:
You might as well just call it Dirty Word Hangman, as I am sure that is what it would become 1.47836483 seconds after you posted it to the website.  :P

Deozaan:
expanding on that idea, someone could make a website version of hangman, and then users could upload text files with their own personal words/phrases, and then the site would add it to the database,and then when a user goes to the site, they would get a word that a user came up with.
-nite_monkey (April 25, 2007, 02:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

My brother and I made a hangman game 8 about years ago in Borland Delphi 2 and it became my job to make the dictionary. I got out the dictionary and started in the As. After a bit, my brother decided to download a wordlist and use that. But it was all in a text file that could be edited by users. Shortly after that he made a web hangman game, but the word list was not editable. He also did a kind of battleship clone. The cool thing was that it was hosted on our home linux box (that served as a kind of network router for our internet connection) so anyone in my family could play and nobody else.

nite_monkey:
You might as well just call it Dirty Word Hangman, as I am sure that is what it would become 1.47836483 seconds after you posted it to the website.  :P
-tinjaw (April 25, 2007, 03:07 PM)
--- End quote ---
which is why you have it set up to not use words that  are dirty.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version