Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site October 22, 2014, 03:09:50 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Check out and download the GOE 2007 Freeware Challenge productivity tools.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Coding Snacks Challenge - Design a Coding Snack Game  (Read 7517 times)
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 05, 2005, 10:30:34 AM »

i'd love to see someone come up with a game that can be programmed in a day.
Especially one which made use of external data files that could be written by users. A good example of this would be a trivia game, or hangman, where the core game engine is simple, and other users can make data files containing trivia questions or hangman words+phrases.

I'd love to have some suggestions for some new creative ideas for a fun game that had a very simple engine but could be greatly expanded by user-written data files.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2005, 08:33:09 PM by mouser » Logged
nite_monkey

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 02:07:00 PM »

expanding on that idea, someone could make a website version of hangman, and then users could upload text files with their own personal words/phrases, and then the site would add it to the database,and then when a user goes to the site, they would get a word that a user came up with.

[Insert really cool signature here]
tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 03:07:17 PM »

You might as well just call it Dirty Word Hangman, as I am sure that is what it would become 1.47836483 seconds after you posted it to the website.  tongue

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 05:23:36 PM »

expanding on that idea, someone could make a website version of hangman, and then users could upload text files with their own personal words/phrases, and then the site would add it to the database,and then when a user goes to the site, they would get a word that a user came up with.

My brother and I made a hangman game 8 about years ago in Borland Delphi 2 and it became my job to make the dictionary. I got out the dictionary and started in the As. After a bit, my brother decided to download a wordlist and use that. But it was all in a text file that could be edited by users. Shortly after that he made a web hangman game, but the word list was not editable. He also did a kind of battleship clone. The cool thing was that it was hosted on our home linux box (that served as a kind of network router for our internet connection) so anyone in my family could play and nobody else.

nite_monkey

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2007, 12:53:35 PM »

You might as well just call it Dirty Word Hangman, as I am sure that is what it would become 1.47836483 seconds after you posted it to the website.  tongue
which is why you have it set up to not use words that  are dirty.

[Insert really cool signature here]
Toptiger5
Participant

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2008, 10:25:37 AM »

I have some ideas:... not sure if they will count as snacks though;

Virtual pet: No description necessary.
Hangman: obviously
Tic-tac-toe: Would be very easy to code, we might need to include more games in that one  Grin
 my brains empty. If you looking for my good idea that is not a game: look at my post "IDEA: Mood diary/graph
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.031s | Server load: 0.02 ]