topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 1:34 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Reset of Cricle dock position when restart  (Read 12460 times)

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Reset of Cricle dock position when restart
« on: June 22, 2010, 07:35 PM »
First off im new to Circle dock and have 3 of em currently running perfectly fine. . . i have creatd a batch file with a timme delay to start them up at startup  . .well 2 of em start fine in the positions that i left them but one resets the position to the middle of my main monitor . .i use 2 monitors . . on my work computer im actually running 4 instances with a batch file at startup and its working perfectly fine . .ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling but still get one dock reseting its position to the middle of my main monitor not the second one i have all of them on. im using windows 7 64 bit. . . i mean its not a huge problem jsut an inconvienace . .jsut gotta drag it over to my other monitor where the other 2 CD's are. . . also is there anyway to put sound options and network connections like showin gyou connected to the internet . .you know like the stuff in the lower right hand corner of windows 7 taskbar. thanks aagain in advance for all the help these forums have already given me.

sgtevmckay

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
  • Magis Esse
    • View Profile
    • Rainmeter
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
Re: Reset of Cricle dock position when restart
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2010, 07:56 PM »
Greetings christofarian  ;D
Glad you stopped by Circle Dock forums here at Donationcoder.com  :-*

It sounds like something in the read/write to the XML is not happening.
Can I get you to better describe your complete set up, CD install locations and XML file locations as well. (???)

As for sounds:
 This sounds like it would make a great great addon for when the new SDK is released.

The icons in the systems tray (the area where you have described in your post) being placed to Circle Dock is a great Idea, but as I understand it is not a do-able thing.
That is not to say that someone could not program an addon to handle these items once the SDK is released ;)

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2010, 08:02 PM »
i follwed the multiple install forum topic suggestion and they are installed in c:\circledock1-3 . . . .and im nto sure what xml files your tlaking about. once again im a bit new i apologize for my nubness

****UPDATE*****
i found the xml files that i think your talking about they are in C:\Circle Dock1-3\System\Settings  

****UPDATE*****
Well i restarted after making some changes to my PC and the CD that was restting back to my other monitor (the default location) i msagically fixed . . but now theres another lil qwirk, even tough the settings are correct for the labels for my icons on that same troublesome CD are not showing up :)

I STILL LOVE THIS PROGRAM
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:40 PM by christofarian »

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2010, 09:01 PM »
i dont know if you wanna move this individual post but i figured out how to put the sound mixer on CD . . it was actually quite simpe jsut create a shortcut to it on the desktopor in a folder somewhere . . heres a link how to do it.
http://kkomp.com/archives/7745

basically you right click on your desktop>new>shortcut  and enter SndVol  press next and name it whatever i named mine sound mxier of course. test it out then drag it onto your CD works like a charm

and also i figured out that if you add a special icon to CD you can choose network neghborhood witch will show you all your vpn connections and whats connected and what not

and another suggestion maybe a blank circle dock in a corner somewhere that shows all the open windows, programs, internet explorer, folder . . kinda eliminating my last little need for the original windows taskbar.

i attached my creation . . showing that this program is so easy to customize, i created this after about a few hours of tinkering and reading the forums . .THANK YOU MY DESKTOP ROCKS

also you cant launch the windows 7 snipping tool from CD . .i dont know if im  adding it wrong but it says it cannot find it even though its there . .i have tried making different shorctus and editing the target field also
« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 09:17 PM by christofarian »

Archon of Fate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2010, 11:46 PM »
heres settings to get the snipping tool up and running  :Thmbsup:

not sure why yours didn't work though  :huh:

***update***

try putting a shortcut of the snipping tool on the desktop then move the link into the dock.
if prompted to delete the shortcut... thats your choice.
see if that works  :P

« Last Edit: June 22, 2010, 11:49 PM by Archon of Fate »

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2010, 04:55 AM »
First off im new to Circle dock and have 3 of em currently running perfectly fine. . . i have creatd a batch file with a timme delay to start them up at startup  . .well 2 of em start fine in the positions that i left them but one resets the position to the middle of my main monitor . .i use 2 monitors
-christofarian (June 22, 2010, 07:35 PM)

So two of your Docks are appearing correctly positioned on your primary monitor but the third, which should appear on your second monitor, is being misplaced. Is that correct?

Are both your display monitors set to the same resolution?

Sarge: Remind me please to check multi-monitor support when I get back from this "vacation".

Mark

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2010, 07:15 AM »
it actually fixed it self if you see the update in my precious post . .but hteres a newp problem  . .the labels wont show up on that very same dock that wasnt restarting in the place that i left it . . witch now it is "magically".
also i tried makcing a shortcut for snip tool . .i tried doing it regularly . . and i tried copying your settings down word for word and this is what i get everytime i click on snipping tool after putting it in CD, and i tried creating a shortcut  "like you said" still nothing same error  . . btw every shortcut i make for snipping tool works outside of CD

******Update*******
well i think its my computer cause my work computer can hold snipping tool perfectly fine . . whats wierd is that my home pc when i drag the icon onto ant CD it dosent bring the icon jsut the yellow triangle ! , but at work ittl drag fine and bring the icon over also. any suggestions . .
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 08:10 AM by christofarian »

Archon of Fate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2010, 09:24 AM »
it looks like you put a space in "snippingtool.exe" in in your settings because it is showing it in the error report looking like this "snipping tool.exe". it may just be me though. remove the space in the filename and it should work  :Thmbsup:
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 09:26 AM by Archon of Fate »

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2010, 12:46 PM »
Thanks, i actually jsut noticed that on my work machine here in my office . . i will try as soon as i get home.

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2010, 02:11 PM »
actually if you look at my item settings there exact to what they should be yet on my work PC it works but on this pc  it dosent. see attached photo

Markham

• Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Circle Dock
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2010, 03:59 PM »
the labels wont show up on that very same dock that wasnt restarting in the place that i left it . . witch now it is "magically".
-christofarian (June 23, 2010, 07:15 AM)
There is an issue which affects some machines and not others, in that labels are not painted immediately but appear correctly when there is some interaction with the dock - such problems are only evident if labels are to be displayed constantly. It's a known problem and if I can reproduce it reliably then I might have a fighting chance at fixing it.

also i tried makcing a shortcut for snip tool . .i tried doing it regularly . . and i tried copying your settings down word for word and this is what i get everytime i click on snipping tool after putting it in CD, and i tried creating a shortcut  "like you said" still nothing same error  . . btw every shortcut i make for snipping tool works outside of CD

******Update*******
well i think its my computer cause my work computer can hold snipping tool perfectly fine . . whats wierd is that my home pc when i drag the icon onto ant CD it dosent bring the icon jsut the yellow triangle ! , but at work ittl drag fine and bring the icon over also. any suggestions . .
If you created the Dock Item by dragging an icon from the desktop and you get the yellow warning triangle, that indicates that the "target" (SnippingTool.exe) can not be found in the specified location.

Mark

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2010, 04:03 PM »
this is totally weird . . when i do a sserch for snipping tool it dont show up  . . when i right click my shortcut i have on my desktop it points to windows/system32/snippingtool.exe . . . .and when i double click it it works . .yet when i go into the folder where it says it is i can see it  . . but wheni got to choose windows/system32/snipingtool.exe from the add item option there is no snippingtool.exe to be found in system32 folder . . . i make a shorcut on my desktop and i look at the location and it says its in the system 32 folder lol . . .yet CD dont wanna recognize it . .maybe i should reinstall snipping tool is that possible.

Archon of Fate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2010, 05:57 PM »
hmmmm.... I'm completely stumped now  :-[

my last suggestion before i look around online for some answers would be to reinstall CD, or like you said reinstall sniping tool- if possible

maybe copy the snipping tool from your laptop and move it to where the other snipping tool is on you other comp.... might work but not entirely sure  :-[ ***update*** i'd backup though... ******

sorry i could be much help in this...  :(
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 06:48 PM by Archon of Fate »

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2010, 10:20 AM »
lol i wish it was that easy but i tried it and all hell broke loose lol . . . . anyone know how to reinstall snipping tool.

Archon of Fate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2010, 02:19 PM »
found it heres the link for you to reinstall snipping tool  :P

http://microsoft-sni...re.informer.com/2.0/

here's another useful link as well

http://www.mydigital...ol-in-windows-vista/

hope this helps  :Thmbsup:

christofarian

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2010, 02:21 PM »
lol those are the exact same sites ive been to alreayd lol  . . did them both and still no go . . i gave up with the snipping tool not a big deal . . my next thing is getting a 7 inch touchscreen to run CD on  . . lol

Archon of Fate

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2010, 02:58 PM »
ah oh well.... sorry I couldn't help with this  :(