ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

What hotkey(s) do *you* use to trigger FARR?

<< < (5/11) > >>

ewemoa:
I've been using the Apps key (the one that brings up the context sensitive menu) in combination with a modifier for invoking a different tool recently.  I just looked for a way to use this in FARR but didn't find one.  Has anyone else had any luck using it?

...and now back to semi-off-topic things :)

I've read somewhere: the deal is 'reserved' - i.e. at some stage some one of your key definitions could be taken over by a new universal shortcut from MS
-tomos (June 22, 2010, 09:00 AM)
--- End quote ---

It's fine using them for your own purposes, as long as you realize they can be defined by Microsoft later on...
-f0dder (June 22, 2010, 10:03 AM)
--- End quote ---

These two quotes suggest to me that unless I develop some good method of managing shortcut key invocation habits that I'd be better off not configuring any shortcut keys that use the Windows key...Perhaps using them for testing purposes would be appropriate though.

which means you should never use them for defaults in software you release.
--- End quote ---
Great point.  Thanks for this.

Too bad MS doesn't provide a clean way for the user to say he doesn't want those default hotkeys... which means you have to resort to keyboard hooks in order to unregister hotkeys from explorer.exe and whatnot.

--- End quote ---
Indeed.  Perhaps this will change in a future version of Windows.

lanux128:
I've been using the Apps key (the one that brings up the context sensitive menu) in combination with a modifier for invoking a different tool recently.  I just looked for a way to use this in FARR but didn't find one.  Has anyone else had any luck using it?-ewemoa (June 23, 2010, 03:30 PM)
--- End quote ---

i know the AHK way if you're interested.. :)

--- Code: Autohotkey ---AppsKey & F12::; Launch Farr now!Return

ewemoa:
i know the AHK way if you're interested.. :)
-lanux128 (June 23, 2010, 09:37 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for the tip -- it turns out that "different tool" is one put together with AHK_L so I've been using something similar :)

IainB:
Because I was starting to run into Hotkey conflicts, and because I wanted to avoid using the (reserved) Windows key, I have started to use Pause/Break to make FARR pop up. Prior to that, I used Ctrl+Space.

By the way, for starting applications generally, I have moved to using this scheme:

* Use remapkey.exe to map CapsLock to RightShift.
* In AHK, Use the key combination LeftShift+RightShift+x - where "x" is any other single key - to start proggies up.
Since LeftShift+RightShift is such a daft combination normally, I figured there would be no conflicts (none found yet, either).

ewemoa:
I have a TapTap shortcut of RightCtrl RightCtrl, to match my Launchy shortcut of LeftCtrl LeftCtrl
-daddydave (June 22, 2010, 09:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
I used to have a set up pretty close to this -- it used two instances of FARR though.

I don't suppose FARR will natively support configuring double-tapping...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version