ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

What hotkey(s) do *you* use to trigger FARR?

<< < (3/11) > >>

ewemoa:
Win+F12. Can't remember why I switched from the pause key - perhaps it interfered with Win+Pause, which brings up system properties?
-f0dder (June 22, 2010, 03:48 AM)
--- End quote ---
FWIW, Win+Pause still brings up system properties here.

Nice touch -- prefixing the key reserved for debuggers with the Windows key :)

Going still further off-topic, I find the following puzzling:

Either WINDOWS key was held down. These keys are labeled with the Windows logo. Keyboard shortcuts that involve the WINDOWS key are reserved for use by the operating system.

--- End quote ---

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646309%28VS.85%29.aspx

Am I not supposed to use the Windows key for my own shortcut key definitions?

tomos:
Either WINDOWS key was held down. These keys are labeled with the Windows logo. Keyboard shortcuts that involve the WINDOWS key are reserved for use by the operating system.

--- End quote ---

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms646309%28VS.85%29.aspx

Am I not supposed to use the Windows key for my own shortcut key definitions?
-ewemoa (June 22, 2010, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've read somewhere: the deal is 'reserved' - i.e. at some stage some one of your key definitions could be taken over by a new universal shortcut from MS

daddydave:
I'll still looking for the universal "delete all incompatible add-ons" button, but..

I have a TapTap shortcut of RightCtrl RightCtrl, to match my Launchy shortcut of LeftCtrl LeftCtrl

It looks like this in my TapTap.ini file (I also have Alt-F13 as my Launchy shortcut - not sure how you would enter Alt-F13 otherwise)

--- ---  keymap DLC : A+F13
  keymap DRC : pause

daddydave:
alt+space for me - easier to reach!  ;)
-CleverCat (June 22, 2010, 02:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Launchy uses this by default. I always change it because I use Alt-Space a lot within cmd windows (as in Alt-Space, E, P).

f0dder:
Am I not supposed to use the Windows key for my own shortcut key definitions?-ewemoa (June 22, 2010, 07:53 AM)
--- End quote ---
It's fine using them for your own purposes, as long as you realize they can be defined by Microsoft later on... which means you should never use them for defaults in software you release.

Too bad MS doesn't provide a clean way for the user to say he doesn't want those default hotkeys... which means you have to resort to keyboard hooks in order to unregister hotkeys from explorer.exe and whatnot.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version