ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Should we merge the complaints and compliments section into other section?

<< < (2/2)

J-Mac:
I am OK with whichever way you decide to go. It has been kinda fun watching the history of the Complaint forum; at times I can remember either mouser or a moderator saying that some complaints shouldn’t be in a general forum but instead in a complaint forum. Of course once the Complaint forum was created, mouser, you did express regret about it on more than a few occasions. It does seem to nag at you and so I think you should do away with it. I think it will tend to reduce the number of complaints, or at least the spotlighting of the complaints. Which may be a good thing or not, depending on your point of view!

How about the Compliments portion of the forum? Is that also better served by merging it into the other forums? Just curious.   :)

Thanks!

Jim

steeladept:
Personally, I don't care either way. I generally read by looking at the new posts regardless of where it is on the forum. It is only when I start a new post, from scratch, that I even look at the categories. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the way most people view this forum. Because of this, I don't know that it will achieve your purposes of reducing "liability" as it were, but it would make the category harder to find for the casual complainer.

wraith808:
Personally, I don't care either way. I generally read by looking at the new posts regardless of where it is on the forum. It is only when I start a new post, from scratch, that I even look at the categories. I wouldn't be surprised if that is the way most people view this forum. Because of this, I don't know that it will achieve your purposes of reducing "liability" as it were, but it would make the category harder to find for the casual complainer.
-steeladept (June 21, 2010, 07:15 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1.  I don't even know where posts are most of the time... :)

JavaJones:
-steeladept (June 21, 2010, 07:15 AM)
--- End quote ---
+1.  I don't even know where posts are most of the time... :)
-wraith808 (June 21, 2010, 09:52 AM)
--- End quote ---

+1 as well. :D

- Oshyan

superboyac:
I agree.  HOWEVER...
having the sections makes it easier to find things if you need to browse.  in other words, sometimes if you don't know exactly what you are looking for and you don't know which keywords to search for, it might be really hard to find something.  That's my only comment about this.  Otherwise, it's a good idea.

In other forums, the members are usually pretty snarky about duplicate posts.  Sometimes you'll start a new thread, and the response will be "This has already been discussed before".  I hate that.  But I don't see that happening here, so I say go for fewer sections.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version