We are keen to see the NANY Entrants get the most out of this event and really be able to showcase their programmes. Sometimes it's the little things, like a custom icon, or the tedious, such as help authoring, but all the added extras in a software release help to make the package more user friendly and usable - which is the ultimate aim, after all.Volunteers
We encourage all our members to get involved with the community nature of the NANY event by offering their talents to the hard working entrants to help with the ancillary aspects of their entries. Volunteering on NANY projects is a great way for everyone to get involved with the Event, coders and non-coders alike!What can a NANY Volunteer do?
In reality, they can do anything that's required. Some ideas are:
- Team up with a coder:
- help plan and design an application
- create a coding team
- Help Authoring
- Create Icons / Graphics
- Create SplashScreen
- Create Screencast Video
- Create DCUpdater File
- Create Sounds / Music
- Beta Testers
- Create Web Page
- Text reviewer / editor
If you are an Entrant in this year's NANY, why not spread the joy by getting some extra help? PM the volunteer directly and negotiate what you'd like them to do: don't forget to credit your volunteers on your NANY entry page
- Help Authoring / Documentation
- Screencast Video
- Development Design / Review
Special NANY Volunteer
- Icon Creation / Manipulation
- WebSite Programming / Authoring
Don't forget that all NANY Entrants can get free space on DonationCoder.com to host a site for their Entry!
We will be creating screencasts of this year's programmes again as part of the DC evaluation, so help with that testing and video production would be appreciated as well. If you're interested in this aspect please PM me
For anyone wanting to volunteer their services we've had some very generous donations of software for that will help get the job done:
At this stage we're looking at First Come - First Served
: The software offered are full version licences and yours to keep! You of course do not have to request one of the programmes when you volunteer if you're happy using your current software, but if any of the software titles will help then it's our pleasure to help you in your endeavours.Instructions
- If you have a skill, or skills, to offer the NANY Entrants reply to this post and list what skills you'd like to offer.
- If you'd like to take advantage of the software give-away PM me after you've posted your offer
- A NANY Entrant who can use your assistance will get in contact you (maybe PM is best?) and detail what they need.
- If you agree to help you will be listed as a volunteer on their project page.
- If accepting that request alters your offer of assistance you should edit your reply as required. It's pointless knocking back requests if you've had your available time taken!
- Offering and accepting NANY Volunteering services is a serious undertaking, you're entering into a type of partnership with the entrant, so it should not be taken lightly; though it doesn't need to be a huge task either.
- You can volunteer on as many entries as you like!