ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Tray Management Utilities Mini-Review

<< < (9/19) > >>

Darwin:
I've posted a link to the latest alpha build of PS Tray Factory 3 in the Similar program to Ps Tray factory that works on Vista 64-bit. thread.

Am about to install it myself...

Darwin:
Just an update, this build doesn't work on my system at all (Vista 64 bit) - it behaves exactly as does PS Tray Factory 2.5 under Vista 32 bit - it installs fine but the main window doesn't populate with icons to be hidden/shown. I'll keep you updated...

Scott:
Wow, you seem to be able to get a response after repeated effort.  I've tried several times and am still waiting for reply #1 from this oblivious developer.  How nice.

Darwin:
Well... it's not all roses! I find that he usually responds long after I've forgotten all about writing him! In this latest case, I wrote to him on February 11th and had a reply today - so a week's interval. I'm not really bothered one way or the other - I can live without PS Tray Factory on this machine, so there's no real urgency from my end. I like the software under XP and hope that I can help to bring it to the same level under Vista 64 bit (I did use it under Vista 32 bit, but again, Vista's built-in hide tray icons feature seems much more reliable than XP's...).

Scott - what OS are you trying to run PS Tray Factory under? FWIW, it seems that once you enter into a dialogue with the developer, he's pretty good about keeping you in the loop. I definitely get the impression that he has a day job. Not making excuses for the guy - just a (random) observation! Here's another: funny that you and I have wound up on a thread that discusses, in part, SystrayX - my first ever PM exchange was with you regarding disabling the XFilesDialog splash screen  :)

PS cute sig!

Scott:
I tried running this lameware on WinXP Pro SP3.

I can live without it too.  What I hate is wasting money (that was my fault for not trying it long enough), and being ignored (not my fault).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version