ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Tray Management Utilities Mini-Review

<< < (11/19) > >>

wraith808:
I tried it as it looked interesting.  Definitely a no-go from me.  My feedback on uninstall:

Tried to to basic things with it and they didn't work, i.e. pressed hotkey and menu continually painted for 5 minutes freezing application, tried to access hidden application and could not, duplicated icons, and several other show stopper defects.

--- End quote ---

Darwin:
Looks like you've got the same issues that Scott was experiencing. Odd - I didn't experience any of them (Vista 64 bit). However, my use of the programme was always pretty simplistic - at no point in the past three years have I ever made use of hotkeys, minimizing apps to try, etc.

wraith808:
But that seems pretty basic- I was just trying to clean up my tray notification area, so I set my applications to minimize to this program, then tried to access one of them, and it just disappeared- I could see it in the task manager, so it was still running, but I couldn't get it back until I pressed refresh menu on the app- then it reappeared, but I still couldn't get it to restore!  I tried several apps that way, and none of them worked...

Darwin:
Ah, I misunderstood what you meant by minimize to tray. That does sound basic. Out of curiosity, how did you set the applciations to minimize to tray? I don't have PS TrayFactory installed anymore so can't post screenshots of what I'm after, but there is an option to minimize apps to tray within it's options tab and I *thought* that's what you were referring to. Sounds like you simply checked the radio buttons to have your applications' icons hidden within PSTF's context menu. I should mention that for some reason the default is to have this visible on right mouse click (like a context menu), but that you can swap the mouse buttons, which is what I always did...

wraith808:
The applications that I'm talking about have their own functionality to minimize to tray- evernote, timetraces, tag everything, earthdesk, outlook, clipnote.  The ones I was playing around with were outlook, evernote, and timetraces.  By the time I tried it with three applications, I was done- if it had only been one application having a problem, I would have thought it was the application.  But three separate ones?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version