ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

News and Reviews > Mini-Reviews by Members

Tray Management Utilities Mini-Review

<< < (6/19) > >>

superboyac:
After using SystrayX for almost 2 years, I have now switched back to PS Tray.  PS Tray is way better than Systrayx, for a variety of reasons, most of which have been mentioned here.  The final straw for me was all the flickering and beeping when you pulled up the hidden icon menu.  PS Tray is rock solid, and has a much better licensing policy.

Darwin:
I'm loving PS Tray Factory - thanks again to Josh for the original mini-review - I never would have looked at it if it weren't for his review  :Thmbsup:

Darwin:
Thank you Josh! Thank you Superboyac (for linking to this discussion)! I'd given up on PSTray Factory and Vista (version 2.5 installs fine but does nothing) and will give this a whirl  :Thmbsup:

Scott:
[PS Tray Factory] requires the use of the windows key for hotkey configuration, instead of letting the user select from the CTRL + ALT combinations. Not a very major problem, but the option to use the windows logo key should be just that, optional.-Josh (February 04, 2006, 11:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

The PS Tray Factory 2.5 hotkey settings do not require the Windows key.  For example, the hotkey settings in the attached file result in the hotkey being set to Ctrl+Alt+W.  The Windows key isn't part of it unless the "Win" checkbox is selected.  Those checkboxes don't enable/disable the hotkeys (for that, press Ctrl while the cursor is in the hotkey text box, to set it to "None").

Curt:
I'd given up on PSTray Factory and Vista (version 2.5 installs fine but does nothing)
-Darwin (September 17, 2008, 03:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

- odd!! I installed 2.5 on Vista (only heard of the 2.63 today), and it worked as it did on XP; fine!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version