ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

What happened to Kubicle and his "tinywatcher" app?

<< < (3/3)

muntealb:
Yes, it works, I can confirm that for Windows 7 32-bit. And without compatibility mode.

wraith808:
I'm glad this topic came up, or I wouldn't have even known about this app!  Thanks!

sajman99:
@muntealb: Thanks for telling, that's very good news. 8) I really wanted to still use Tiny Watcher when I get Windows 7.

btw can anyone report if it works on Win7 64-bit? :tellme:

@wraith808: Cool, I'm glad I bumped this thread to bring attention to this little gem.

Deozaan:
I just installed it and am performing the first time setup on Windows 7 64-bit. It appears to be working fine.

Heh. It seems to have warned me about itself running. ;D

sajman99:
Thanks Deozaan, now I won't have to give up Tiny Watcher. :)  

Here are some basic Tiny Watcher points...

-If it's the first time a process has been detected, then notification is given.

-If a process or file has been modified in the slightest, then notification is given.

-Regular/checkup scans are very fast--usually 2-3 seconds on my system.

-I scan scan every couple days or when I think about it--not every boot. I like that it's not intrusive like some security apps (but of course it's no substitute for a full-blown HIPS).

-Tiny Watcher's log file is a useful source of information.
  Example 1: I installed and uninstalled Macrium Reflect two years ago and now cannot remember the names of its driver files. No problem, it's in Tiny Watcher's log file.

Example 2: I just performed a huge Windows Update and would like to know exactly which files have been modified. No problem, it's in Tiny Watcher's log file.

Yep, I love this little monitoring tool :-* and I'm glad to know it works on Windows 7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version