ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Finished Programs

SOLVED: Open command prompt at current directory

<< < (4/5) > >>

rjbull:
if you want a DOS prompt in the current directory, you'd have to go up a level then highlight the one you've just come from, because you don't get Open Command Window Here if you right-click on a file.
-rjbull (June 17, 2010, 02:54 PM)
--- End quote ---

You can also Shift-Right Click on a blank space within the current folder
-daddydave (June 17, 2010, 03:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

Yes, tried it, you're right.  Thanks!  :)

Krishean:
I took the liberty of compiling everything listed in the thread into one reg file (and one to reverse the changes)

features:
works on windows 7 (should work the same on both x86 and x64) dunno if it does anything on xp, may or may not work on vista
works with rightclicking on a blank area of the directory
works with rightclicking on a drive or directory
shift+rightclicking adds the additional option of "Open administrator command window here"

Deozaan:
I took the liberty of compiling everything listed in the thread into one reg file (and one to reverse the changes)-Krishean (June 20, 2010, 07:56 PM)
--- End quote ---

Awesome! Thanks! I'll update the original post to point to your download. :Thmbsup:

EDIT: Just tested both the reg and the "undo" and they work as advertised (Win7 64-bit). Thanks again!

kyrathaba:
Thanks for the help, everyone.

I found out from the comments in this blog (the blog itself wasn't very specific) that Windows 7 (and Vista) already has this built in by following these steps:

1. Select the directory so that it is highlighted
2. Hold Shift and Right Click the directory
3. Select Open Command Window Here

-Deozaan (June 16, 2010, 05:27 PM)
--- End quote ---

That is handy  :up:  Learned something new today :D

MilesAhead:
In XP I used to add it to the context menu just a registry entry.
-daddydave (June 16, 2010, 05:57 PM)
--- End quote ---

PromptHere can be used on XP, Vista, and W7 both 32 and 64 bit. It doesn't use the Glass blur effect on XP.  The glass effect is optional.  Set UseGlass=0 in .ini file if you don't want it.  You can also hit the Mouse hotkey in a blank space in a folder to open the prompt in that folder.  No need to navigate up first.

Edit: I updated PromptHere so that it no longer uses a macro to get the path of the current folder. It gets the info directly from Windows:

https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=22509.msg264038#msg264038

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version