ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Good TV series. What do you watch? I used to watch Lost to unwind need successor

<< < (21/21)

JavaJones:
I love Mythbusters. The actual science may be a bit iffy or incomplete at times, but they "get 'er done" and generally do a reasonable job of testing a hypothesis. It's infrequent that I sit there thinking "If only they had tried this!". Plus, hey, blowing stuff up is awesome.

- Oshyan

MerleOne:
The Killing, a Danish series, very well done.

sajman99:
I recently discovered two shows on the History channel: Pawn Stars and American Pickers. Both series deal with interesting historical artifacts.

And now for a completely tongue-in-cheek response to this thread's question: Warren The Ape. ;D  OMG the stuff they show on TV nowadays!

mwb1100:
after the success of All In The Family...
-MilesAhead (December 10, 2009, 12:33 PM)
--- End quote ---
I've caught a few episodes of "All in the Family" recently, and I'm amazed both at how funny the show is and what they do on the show.

People think today's TV shows are edgy because of the violence/gore or sexual situations they portray.  I don't think any of that stuff is nearly as edgy as "All in the Family", and I don't think anyone would have the guts to make "All in the Family" today.  I was  kid when it was first televised, and back then it was just another show to me. Today, I can't believe they were able to make and air that show back then.

housetier:
It's enough for me to blow things up :)

edit:

oh wow there were a few posts in between...

This is about
^ Blow things up in creative ways in the name of 'Science'?
--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version