Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 21, 2014, 05:02:44 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Your Support Funds this Site: View the Supporter Yearbook.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Good TV series. What do you watch? I used to watch Lost to unwind need successor  (Read 32799 times)
JavaJones
Review 2.0 Designer
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #100 on: July 14, 2010, 03:19:19 PM »

I love Mythbusters. The actual science may be a bit iffy or incomplete at times, but they "get 'er done" and generally do a reasonable job of testing a hypothesis. It's infrequent that I sit there thinking "If only they had tried this!". Plus, hey, blowing stuff up is awesome.

- Oshyan

The New Adventures of Oshyan Greene - A life in pictures...
MerleOne
Supporting Member

4D thinking

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #101 on: July 14, 2010, 04:01:22 PM »

The Killing, a Danish series, very well done.

.merle1.
sajman99
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #102 on: July 14, 2010, 06:35:35 PM »

I recently discovered two shows on the History channel: Pawn Stars and American Pickers. Both series deal with interesting historical artifacts.

And now for a completely tongue-in-cheek response to this thread's question: Warren The Ape. Grin  OMG the stuff they show on TV nowadays!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 06:38:14 PM by sajman99 » Logged
mwb1100
Supporting Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #103 on: July 14, 2010, 07:01:34 PM »

after the success of All In The Family...
I've caught a few episodes of "All in the Family" recently, and I'm amazed both at how funny the show is and what they do on the show.

People think today's TV shows are edgy because of the violence/gore or sexual situations they portray.  I don't think any of that stuff is nearly as edgy as "All in the Family", and I don't think anyone would have the guts to make "All in the Family" today.  I was  kid when it was first televised, and back then it was just another show to me. Today, I can't believe they were able to make and air that show back then.
housetier
Charter Honorary Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2010, 04:58:18 PM »

It's enough for me to blow things up smiley

edit:

oh wow there were a few posts in between...

This is about
^ Blow things up in creative ways in the name of 'Science'?
« Last Edit: July 16, 2010, 04:59:59 PM by housetier » Logged
Pages: Prev 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.041s | Server load: 0.15 ]