ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Announce Your Software/Service/Product

Rainmeter 1.2 Full Release available now!!!

(1/2) > >>

sgtevmckay:
After almost 6 months of development and beta testing we have released Rainmeter 1.2.

Many improvements and additions have been made which make this a great upgrade for all users of Rainmeter.

* Rainmeter now includes a new default suite of skins: Gnometer by Poiru. Gnometer is a colorful and exciting alternative to the default Enigma suite. It contains skins which show off with all the information you could want on your desktop, and is fully configurable by the user with an easy to use settings tool.

* Rainmeter 1.2 introduces Rainstaller and the .rmskin format. This utility makes it much easier to distribute and install skins and suites. Rainstaller allows skinners to include addons, fonts and themes along with their skins in a single .rmskin package. Skins and suites are then installed by the user with just a double click or directly from a download site in their browser.

* Rainmeter 1.2 has a host of improvements to better support Windows 7. Fully configurable support for muiltiple monitors has been added, so you can position and save your Rainmeter setup in your multiple monitor environment. Rainmeter 1.2 now supports having your skins stay on the screen if desired when Windows 7's "Show Desktop" is used.

* A new RainBackup utility is included, so users can save their entire setup as a Rainmeter .rmskin file, making moving your setup to a different computer or recovering from a system crash / reinstall much easier.

* Rainmeter 1.2 now supports having both the program and the skins / settings stored on network shared drives using UNC paths like "\\SERVER\FolderName".

Other improvements in Rainmeter 1.2:

* Many improvements to the default Enigma suite of skins.
    * The Rainmeter installer has been improved making the process quicker and easier.
    * Image meters can now be modified using a host of new functions such as ImageTint, GreyScale and ImageRotate.
    * WebParser can now download and use HTML files locally, so skins can work when you are offline.
    * New feature of the Speedfan plugin to convert Centigrade to Fahrenheit if desired.
    * You can now define the order in which skins are loaded on your desktop by using the new LoadOrder setting.
    * You can now use Processor=n in a CPU measure to specify particular cores.
    * New variable #CRLF# means you can add a carriage return / line feed to a STRING meter.
    * New bang !RainmeterRefreshApp, allows you to fully refresh Rainmeter from a skin or command line.
    * Improvements to RainThemes and Rainstaller to better support running in a PortableApps.com environment.
    * The PLAY function for playing an sound file has been fixed so it does not "pause" Rainmeter for the duration of the sound.
    * New Mouse Actions (LeftMouseDoubleClickAction RightMouseDoubleClickAction MiddleMouseDoubleClickAction).
    * StringCase function added to string meters. Now you can set the "case" of the displayed text.
    * Improvements to the RainThemes utility.

More details can be found at the following.

Rainmeter Mainsite and Downloads:
http://www.rainmeter.net

A very long Change Log:
http://www.rainmeter.net/RainCMS/?q=History

Rainmeter is also looking for Programmers to become part of our Development team.
More information here:
http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=4187

jkitc:
What is Rainmeter.  Perhaps if I knew I might be interested.

sgtevmckay:
What is Rainmeter.  Perhaps if I knew I might be interested.
-jkitc (June 14, 2010, 04:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

Oooh...well.....there is no short answer to that, at least from me  :-[
So I submit the "Short" explanation that we have from the Rainmeter about page  :P

What is Rainmeter?

Rainmeter is a desktop customization platform. Through Rainmeter, you can enhance your Windows computer at home or work with skins: handy, compact applets which float freely on your desktop, much like Windows Sidebar gagdgets, or dashboard widgets for the Mac.

Rainmeter skins provide you with useful information at a glance. It's easy to keep an eye on your system resources, like memory and battery power, or your online data streams, including email, RSS feeds, and weather forecasts. Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and send your tweets to Twitter - all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking.

Your Desktop is yours.

With Rainmeter, there are no secrets. Our bundled library of open-source skins covers a wide range of functions, but if you want your desktop to do something new, you don't have to wait for us.

Every inch of a skin is completely customizable. Rainmeter skins are written in a simple, elegant language that's easy to learn for anyone who's willing to put in the effort. Skins call upon measures, a set of powerful built-in modules that do all the heavy lifting, and create interactive meters to display that information however you decide. In this way, Rainmeter brings productive innovation together with creative artistry like no other platform of its kind.

Rainmeter is built by people like you. In the span of just a few months, a thriving community has built up around Rainmeter, as average users freely contribute their own original skins, their generous knowledge and support, and their inspirational ideas to a project whose scope and capabilities are constantly expanding. We can't wait to see where it goes from here.

Will you join us?
--- End quote ---

although I feel that this explanation is incredibly lacking, as Rainmeter is what ever you want it to be, with in its limits  :Thmbsup:
I hope this helps.

gameon69:
Here is mine:

Checkout this list of new themes by Rainmeter: https://techiespad.com/rainmeter-skins/

tomos:
Here is mine:
-gameon69 (July 27, 2017, 04:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
Rainmeter 1.2 Full Release available now!!!

looks great
ps when you say mine - do you mean you made the skin, or it's the one that you use?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version