topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Friday March 29, 2024, 3:23 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Maximize vs. full screen  (Read 4974 times)

macst34

• Participant
  • Joined in 2016
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Maximize vs. full screen
« on: May 27, 2016, 03:58 AM »
Hi Folks,

I was wondering if anyone has run into a small issue that I've noticed.

I use my tv+monitor setup on a small htpc. All my gridding is on the monitor. I setup a triggerbar to maximize video files played by mpc-hc from my monitor to the tv.

It works fine. However I was wondering if there is a way to "Full screen" it to the tv instead. The difference is that when the mpc-hc window is maximized to the tv, it still has a border and the application bar. If mpc-hc is full screened instead (after another double click on the tv) there are no borders or app bars.

Michael

alexa456

• Participant
  • Joined in 2023
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Maximize vs. full screen
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2023, 12:33 PM »

If you're using an HTPC with a TV and monitor setup and experiencing a small issue with maximizing video files played by MPC-HC, there might be a solution to achieve a true fullscreen experience on your TV.

One possible approach is to explore the display settings within MPC-HC itself. Look for options related to fullscreen mode or borderless playback. These settings may allow you to eliminate the borders and application bar when playing videos on your TV. Check the preferences or settings menu in MPC-HC for any options related to fullscreen display customization.

Additionally, you can try adjusting the display settings on your TV. Look for options like "Overscan" or "Screen Fit" in the TV's settings menu. Enabling these settings can help ensure that the video fills the entire screen without any cropping or borders.

If these options within MPC-HC and your TV's settings do not provide the desired result, you may need to consider alternative media players or software that offer more extensive customization options for fullscreen playback on a TV. Exploring different media player options or seeking guidance from relevant online forums and communities could provide insights into specific software that better suits your requirements.

Remember to experiment with different settings, test various playback modes, and consult the documentation or support resources for MPC-HC and your TV model for more specific instructions tailored to your setup.