ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

20 years later, the movie "Total Recall" still kicks butt

<< < (16/23) > >>

Innuendo:
They don't greenlight movies where the script calls for human evil to finally, absolutely, and conclusively win. -40hz (June 27, 2010, 12:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Re: The Forgotten. I had 'forgotten' (no pun intended) that when I watched the movie it was the version with the alternate ending.

All right...I'll try again. A movie where human evil finally, absolutely, conclusively wins...hmm....

The Usual Suspects.

SpoilerEvil gets away not only scot-free, but in spectacular fashion that makes utter fools of the good guys.

Renegade:
They don't greenlight movies where the script calls for human evil to finally, absolutely, and conclusively win. -40hz (June 27, 2010, 12:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

Re: The Forgotten. I had 'forgotten' (no pun intended) that when I watched the movie it was the version with the alternate ending.

All right...I'll try again. A movie where human evil finally, absolutely, conclusively wins...hmm....

The Usual Suspects.

-Innuendo (June 27, 2010, 03:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I LOVE when the bad guys win. It's such a refreshing change. And that was a spectacular movie!

For evil winning, "The Empire Strikes Back". Hoth base destroyed. The rebellion routed. Luke gets his ass handed to him by Vader. Good only wins in that it isn't completely destroyed. Still, The Usual Suspects is a much better example of the bad guys winning.

Evil kind of wins in a lot of horror movies. Or at least they leave it open for the evil to return in a sequel. Saw. Friday the 13th. A Nightmare on Elm Street. The Evil Dead. etc. etc.

Innuendo:
[quote author=Renegade link=topic=23067.msg210798#msg210798 date=1277674432
For evil winning, "The Empire Strikes Back". Hoth base destroyed. The rebellion routed. Luke gets his ass handed to him by Vader. Good only wins in that it isn't completely destroyed. Still, The Usual Suspects is a much better example of the bad guys winning. [/quote]

Excellent example except for the fact 40hz wanted an example where there wasn't a sequel where the good guys came back from behind and won. So, Return of the Jedi nullifies Empire. Although, Empire is one of the best movies *ever* that ends with the bad guys winning.

Evil kind of wins in a lot of horror movies. Or at least they leave it open for the evil to return in a sequel. Saw. Friday the 13th. A Nightmare on Elm Street. The Evil Dead. etc. etc.
--- End quote ---

More excellent movies, but 40hz gave himself the 'loophole' of the movies listed having to be *human* evil winning.

Here's another example, 40hz, of a movie where human evil wins & no sequel to bring the bad guy to justice: No Country For Old Men.

[/quote]

Innuendo:
For evil winning, "The Empire Strikes Back". Hoth base destroyed. The rebellion routed. Luke gets his ass handed to him by Vader. Good only wins in that it isn't completely destroyed. Still, The Usual Suspects is a much better example of the bad guys winning. -Renegade (June 27, 2010, 04:33 PM)
--- End quote ---

Excellent example except for the fact 40hz wanted an example where there wasn't a sequel where the good guys came back from behind and won. So, Return of the Jedi nullifies Empire. Although, Empire is one of the best movies *ever* that ends with the bad guys winning.

--- End quote ---

More excellent movies, but 40hz gave himself the 'loophole' of the movies listed having to be *human* evil winning....AND no sequels where the good guys can come back to attempt to vanquish the bad guy another day.

Here's another example, 40hz, of a movie where human evil wins & no sequel to bring the bad guy to justice: No Country For Old Men.

Innuendo:
40hz, here's a double-shot for you!  ;D

Pitch Black...

...a movie where not only the unapologetic psychopathic murderer survives at the end but a child dies in a graphically violent scene by being swarmed by the alien creatures.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version