ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

20 years later, the movie "Total Recall" still kicks butt

<< < (3/23) > >>

Paul Keith:
Be honest, could any of us have resisted Sharon Stone, no matter how evil she was?
-zridling (June 12, 2010, 08:53 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well in fairness to Verhoeven, he did at least try to minimize the Catherine Tramell in her.

Personally, the Wii Tennis she was playing would have probably been a much harder thing to resist for me.

She could be like "Douglas, I know you like this world but can you really live with a world where they didn't program this technology into the system? Come on Douglas, you know you want it. Imagine what games you can play on this if you combined it with Rekall." ~and I would have caved in right then and there.

40hz:
I always admired Stone's acting ability. She's one of the few that can portray a female role where her character invariably displays depth, intelligence, and sensuality.

She's also an interesting individual to catch in a real interview. I won't dispute Ms. Stone's physical charms. She is a beautiful woman. Even to my poor eyesight. But what I find even more attractive is the intelligence and sense of humor that sits behind it all. She strikes me as the sort of person I'd really like to get to know. (She's a 'bookworm' too!)

Arni Schwartzenegger is separate trip all by himself. The man with that improbable name, accent, and physique is probably the living embodiment of what used to be called the American Dream and the proof of concept for the notion of the Self-made Man. Horatio Alger would have felt vindicated.

This thread provoked me to haul out the DVD and watch it last night.

+1 with Zaine, Renegade, lanux128 and y0himba. It's a great flick! Raises some thought provoking questions while still remaining fun all the way through. Perfect movie to watch (and discuss) with friends over a pizza on a Saturday night.

--------
P.S. Sharon Stone is a looker. But Rachel Ticotin as Melina wasn't too hard on the eyes either. (Good actress too!)

Renegade:
On the topic of hot movies babes, and sticking in the retro theme, how about a Cherry 2000 (pic)? Great flick! Not sure if anyone will know it though. 1987 movie with Melanie Griffith in it.

Innuendo:
On the topic of hot movies babes, and sticking in the retro theme, how about a Cherry 2000 (pic)? Great flick! Not sure if anyone will know it though. 1987 movie with Melanie Griffith in it. -Renegade (June 13, 2010, 09:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

I remember it well. It didn't get much play & was fairly predictable, but still a fun movie, nonetheless. Back in the days when we all thought Melanie was a major hottie & blisfully unaware how mentally unhinged she is.  ;D

sajman99:
On the topic of hot movies babes, and sticking in the retro theme, how about a Cherry 2000 (pic)? Great flick! Not sure if anyone will know it though. 1987 movie with Melanie Griffith in it. -Renegade (June 13, 2010, 09:50 AM)
--- End quote ---

I remember it well. It didn't get much play & was fairly predictable, but still a fun movie, nonetheless. Back in the days when we all thought Melanie was a major hottie & blisfully unaware how mentally unhinged she is.  ;D
-Innuendo (June 13, 2010, 11:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think perhaps she may have had some work done on her lips. Do you think? ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version