ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

20 years later, the movie "Total Recall" still kicks butt

<< < (21/23) > >>

4wd:
I just hope it turns out better than the plot summary.
-4wd (June 30, 2010, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---

That shouldn't be too hard.
-Deozaan (June 30, 2010, 06:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'd almost believe you if it wasn't for the fact I've seen plot summaries that read better than the movie :P

Deozaan:
I just hope it turns out better than the plot summary.
-4wd (June 30, 2010, 06:41 PM)
--- End quote ---
That shouldn't be too hard.
-Deozaan (June 30, 2010, 06:55 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'd almost believe you if it wasn't for the fact I've seen plot summaries that read better than the movie :P
-4wd (June 30, 2010, 08:34 PM)
--- End quote ---

That wasn't a guarantee. I just said it shouldn't be too hard. Especially considering how bland the plot summary is for the movie on IMDB at this moment. ;)

JavaJones:
What about Silence of the Lambs?

SpoilerLecter kills a bunch of people, escapes, gets off scott-free, gets to eat Chilton the prison Dr. who he hated. Forget about the sequel, it's irrelevant, no one knew they'd make one at the time. Sure Clarice lives too, and they kill the "real" bad guy Buffalo Bill, but Lecter kills innocents too, just because the movie paints him as some kind of odd anti-hero doesn't mean he's not real, true human evil...

- Oshyan

40hz:
OK, I do know one Hollywood movie where human evil triumphs in no uncertain terms at the end of the picture:

In this case, human evil extends far beyond the individual to become manifest in the whole of society.

Human evil can't score a bigger win than that.  :'(

↓ This will be me the day that scenario becomes true:

f0dder:
In this case, human evil extends far beyond the individual to become manifest in the whole of society.-40hz (July 01, 2010, 06:32 PM)
--- End quote ---
Oh, but it's not evil, you know - it's the greatest good for the greatest number!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version