ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

20 years later, the movie "Total Recall" still kicks butt

(1/23) > >>

zridling:
What made Total Recall so special was how, for a Hollywood blockbuster, the film was so very smart and at the same time so gratuitous and graphic in all the most offensive ways—F-bombs and body counts earned the film, as the legend goes, an initial X rating. But that's only one reason to love Total Recall, which went on to inspire a TV series, the film Minority Report and a possible remake planned for 2011.

http://scifiwire.com/2010/06/10-reasons-we-still-love.php

The link is complete with film clips and tons of links. I love it. The movie is so bad I can't help but watch it. But then, I'll watch almost any sci-fi movie twice. However, since I can't find DC Cab (1983) on any cable channel, I ordered the cheap DVD. It's not sci-fi, it's just 80s goofy, and I can't get enough.

mitzevo:
Indeed! I actually watched it (again) a few months ago and enjoyed it :huh:

lanux128:
A chiseled titan playing an everyman? C'mon! Arnold Schwarzenegger was certainly miscast in Total Recall. Nevertheless, the depthlessness of his performance hardly matters once he starts flailing and freaking out in the Rekall machine. -website
--- End quote ---

a cool movie in my book. though, what does he mean by "depthlessness"?

Renegade:
+1 for Zane. It was a brilliant movie. Definitely one of the few that will be worth watching for a VERY long time afterward.

Mind you, I find most of Arnie's movies are fantastic.

Running Man -- Loved it.

The Last Action Hero -- Brilliant. Hollywood critics hated it because it spit the truth in their faces and they were insulted. Probably the most under rated movie that I can think of. The poor reception was responded to with "True Lies" in which Arnie tears the critics a new hole. :)

There are strong themes that run through those films.

I'd say the first truly great film in that "genre" or style was Blade Runner (my sister's favorite movie, and one of mine as well).

Yeah... I'm a die hard Arnie fan!

(Him and Jackie Chan are my 2 favorites.)

tomos:
A chiseled titan playing an everyman? C'mon! Arnold Schwarzenegger was certainly miscast in Total Recall. Nevertheless, the depthlessness of his performance hardly matters once he starts flailing and freaking out in the Rekall machine. -website
--- End quote ---

a cool movie in my book. though, what does he mean by "depthlessness"?
-lanux128 (June 12, 2010, 01:43 AM)
--- End quote ---

Shallowness (although havent seen it before)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version