ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

FCC Moves to Regulate Internet

<< < (3/3)

JavaJones:
Ok, but the point is *the corporations are a monopoly and have already been abusing it*. So what do you suggest? Continue to trust Comcast, AT&T, etc? The point of the FCC's proposed legislation is, theoretically, to establish fair and equal access to Internet connectivity at a fair and reasonable price. The government's regulation is responsible for $19.99 DSL from multiple providers in many locations, thanks to the requirement that telcos do line sharing. Were it not for this and competition from cable, AT&T could charge whatever they wanted for DSL and would probably be priced a lot higher. I'm sorry, I'm not a fan of "big government" and excessive regulation, but in this case I think the better choice is government regulation, and that is based on the actual history of this industry. This is the continuation of the net neutrality debate that we're seeing in discussion, let's not forget that. If you're for net neutrality, then the FCC's proposals deserve another look. If you're not for net neutrality then well, you're insane. :D

- Oshyan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version