ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Dating Sites for Geeks and Nerds?

(1/2) > >>

mouser:
I'm surprised we haven't had a discussion on the forum about online dating sites.. I have a friend who is trying to convince me to help him code a new one.

Actually I was thinking that it might be interesting to create a site (or software) that two people could go to *AFTER* they meet in real life, to help them get to know each other, etc.

But it got me wondering if anyone here felt brave enough talk about their experiences or discoveries regarding online dating sites?

Josh:
Mouser, have you met a special someone you are afraid to chat with IRL?

mouser:
no.  i prefer to live a hypothetical life.

Renegade:
I'm surprised we haven't had a discussion on the forum about online dating sites.. I have a friend who is trying to convince me to help him code a new one.

Actually I was thinking that it might be interesting to create a site (or software) that two people could go to *AFTER* they meet in real life, to help them get to know each other, etc.

But it got me wondering if anyone here felt brave enough talk about their experiences or discoveries regarding online dating sites?
-mouser (June 10, 2010, 07:12 PM)
--- End quote ---

For software, osDate is free. There's no reason to start from scratch. (PHP)

For dating sites, they are different, so I'd say try different ones and find the one(s) that work for you. Paying is definitely worth it.

I don't really want to get into my own experiences in detail, but suffice it to say that they were good.

I actually met my wife in an online war game, not on a dating site. :)

Maybe there are some "sexy" games out there to "play around" in order to find someone to "play around with"... :P

Silliness aside, the key to online dating, from my own experience, is lots of communication and playing the numbers game. I dated a lot of different women - some just once, some a few times, some for much longer, some on and off. Some dates were disasters, some were fantastic. It's just a numbers game at the end of the day. Run around like mad until you find the right one.

It can get overwhelming if you're dating a lot of people at the same time though. Especially when you forget someone's name... Ouch... That's one danger with online dating sites -- you can easily end up dating too many people at once.

Dunno. I suppose others have different takes on the topic.

Target:
...I actually met my wife in an online war game, not on a dating site...
-Renegade (June 10, 2010, 08:32 PM)
--- End quote ---

that right there's the definition of a nerds dating site :Thmbsup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version