ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Second Wind - beautiful student animation

<< < (3/4) > >>

lanux128:
does the creative team behind the animation have any blog where they kind of explain the back story?

40hz:
+1 w/lanux128.

I thought I got the story until the POV switched from the old man to the cat at which point I think I think I kinda lost what was being said.

:)

lanux128:
i googled the author's blog but there is no back story, only some concept art and illustrations.. anyway, he has another short animation called "Icarus & the Tree Herder", also on Vimeo.

IainB:
@p3lb0x: Thanks for that link. Lovely animation.

superboyac:
Loved it. It's nice to see cartoons with texture in them, and not just flat color.

I really wish that the theatres would get back to using their brains (I know... unrealistic...) and actually bringing some better value back to theatre-goers by putting shorts back in. It would make the 15~30 minutes of commercials bearable.

(Pet peeve of mine -- I LOATHE paying almost $20 for a movie only to have them waste my time with an excessive amount of advertising -- if you want me to watch ads, give it to me for free... Otherwise, f*** **f! A few minutes are ok to allow for stragglers, but 15+ minutes???)

It's always really nice to have shorts before a movie. It really makes the whole "going to the movies" experience much better. You get the movie, plus a cool little surprise!
-Renegade (June 10, 2010, 08:17 PM)
--- End quote ---
I feel you there.  It's unbelievable how much advertising has crept into our lives.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version