ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Measuring PC boot-up time by component - and tweaking it with Soluto

<< < (4/7) > >>

IainB:
Update on progress with trial of Soluto:
The two screenshots (below) are the "Dashboard" (as I called it) and impart quite a lot of useful information - knowledge, actually. On either screen, you can zoom in and dynamically view details of the individual boot-up components involved. You can also decide to make changes here to the boot-up component queue - though, as yet, Soluto does not allow the user to force/set priority or sequential order of components for start-up.

I would normally prefer to see tables of numbers than a diagram, but I have to say that I could not so easily or rapidly obtain the knowledge that these dynamically interactive charts here impart, regarding the status and the progress of my boot-up performance over time.
The graph shows that the earlier savings - which were lost after a huge Windows Office update - have been recovered. The blip is after reset and recovery from a BSOD event. I rarely get BSODs, and I would tend to attribute this event to the aforementioned updates (including several changes that I made to applications).

Incidentally, an automatically started Service process called PAStiSvc.exe had appeared after all the changes. It looked vaguely familiar. After googling it, I couldn't see that it was necessary for anything in my system, and the file date was 2005, so I set it to "Pause".
(By the way the Soluto "Pause" means that the Service is set to "Manual" - as can be seen in the Sevices.msc panel.)

Verdict so far:
I initially thought that Soluto ß was too simplistic, but now I am not so sure. Anyway, I shall try to keep an objective mind and keep the trial running, and shall report back to this forum for anyone who might be interested.

IainB:
Latest screenshots of Soluto running on my laptop.

Curt:
Thanks for keeping telling, IainB, even though some people never understood what this application is about ;-)

I tried Soluto the first day you wrote about it, and again right now, and I am sad to say it won't do anything useful on my pc. Soluto will say that the boot took 2:22, which would be okay, but it takes 4 minutes, and when I click "click here to see why", nothing will happen.

I hope you will keep posting about your use of Soluto, because I like the idea a lot.
The problem is just that on my pc it won't actually do it.  :(

IainB:
@Curt: How annoying. What you say is good feedback though. Have you posted that at http://community.soluto.com/soluto  ?

Curt:
-no, I will merely wait for their next version.

----------
FWIW:
I know nothing, but I imagine Soluto may become payware, as Soluto Labs is a company...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version