Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site April 16, 2014, 08:13:21 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Learn about the DonationCoder.com microdonation system (DonationCredits).

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Reasons to be Afraid of Driving in China  (Read 3104 times)
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: June 08, 2010, 07:34:21 PM »

This was sent to me by a friend and is hilarious in a twisted sort of way:

WARNING - This involves traffic accidents, and while it is not "graphic", portions may be upsetting to some as there are bicyclists, motorcyclists, and pedestrians involved.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESfEd180rQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QESfEd180rQ</a>

The funny parts are when you see people slowly going along and they manage to get into an accident with a million miles of warning. Deer in headlights type stuff. Like, "Oh my god, that's the road... and that's NOT the road... Maybe I should drive there..."

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
EĆ³in
Charter Member

O'Callaghan

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 07:44:23 PM »

You really get the impression that it doesn't occur to the folks in the video that someone else might be using the roads too.

Interviewer: Is there anything you don't like?
Bjarne Stroustrup: Marketing hype as a substitute for technical argument. Thoughtless adherence to dogma. Pride in ignorance.
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 07:46:55 PM »

Walkman (by Sony) ... because sometimes your dumbass need to be run over.

Come on, the guy just standing in the middle of the street was asking for it. smiley
Renegade
Charter Member

Tell me something you don't know...

« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2010, 09:28:14 PM »

Come on, the guy just standing in the middle of the street was asking for it. smiley

Do you mean the guy where the car very very slowly creeps up to him before it hits him? That one I thought was hilarious.

Slow Down Music - Where I commit thought crimes...

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong. - John Diefenbaker
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2010, 10:08:59 PM »

What I don't understand is why they have traffic cameras up but no traffic lights.

"Hey I know! Instead of preventing people from crashing into each other, let's just record it and laugh ourselves silly!"

Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 10:12:55 PM »

Do you mean the guy where the car very very slowly creeps up to him before it hits him? That one I thought was hilarious.

Yepper - Oblivious much?
bgd77
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2010, 02:04:04 AM »

WTF??? I cannot belive this! Do they have rules on those streets or anybody just goes wherever they want? Don't they have Stop or any traffic signs?

It seems that this accidents take place in the same region/intersections.
40hz
Supporting Member

A'Tuin

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2010, 07:41:19 AM »

The other scary thing about driving in China is that you're in China.  tongue

Don't you see? It's turtles all the way down!
J-Mac
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2010, 09:45:34 PM »

Some of those HAD to hurt. A lot! I felt bad laughing at a bunch of them.

Thank you.

Jim

J-Mac
bgd77
Supporting Member

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 01:14:32 AM »

Some of them or just stupid. The one before the last gave me a good laugh.
parkint
Supporting Member

It's bad luck to be superstitious

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »

It appears, to me, the people there do not have good control over their vehicles; particularly the two-wheeled ones.  Is it indigestion from Sushi that makes them that way?

I don't understand why those intersections don't have STOP signs or rules about Right-Of-Way.  Is that not very 'zen-like' ?

bgd77
Supporting Member

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 01:47:28 AM »

Maybe they have traffic signs (even though I do not see them) but nobody respects them. The right-of-way rule is universal, I think (except probably for people driving on the left side of the road).
Stoic Joker
Honorary Member

« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 05:28:22 AM »

Maybe they have traffic signs (even though I do not see them) but nobody respects them. The right-of-way rule is universal, I think (except probably for people driving on the left side of the road).
Definition of Chinese Right-of-Way Rule:
  You have the right to be in the way, and other drivers have the right to hit you.
bgd77
Supporting Member

« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2010, 06:11:08 AM »

Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.041s | Server load: 0.02 ]