ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

BD Rebuilder 0.40.08 Beta

<< < (5/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
I did a run with dvd5 output using HC BEST profile.  Resulting size was 4.25 GB. Using best instead of normal didn't slow it down as much as I thought. I'm starting to suspect what bogged the throughput in my manual encodes was setting DC precision to 10. I guess most use 9.

In any case, the processing even with best profile was just a tad over the run time of the film on my quad.  It varies with input I guess.  Some 2 hour films take about 3 hours to encode even using normal profile.

The missing piece now is subtitle support.  Eventually PGS subs should automatically be muxed in using .sup format in standard dvd fashion(jdobbs has stated this will be implemented eventually.) For the time being subs can be burned in using the avs filter or you can add them later using Subtitle Creator mux wizard.

Next thing I have to investigate is multi-thread AviSynth. If I could shave 20 minutes or more off the encoding time then it may be worth doing it manually.

MilesAhead:
BD Rebuilder Beta 0.36.06 was released December 8th.  I've done a couple of runs with the new release.  I didn't find any problems.  See the thread via the link in the first post for program changes/updates/new features.

MilesAhead:
BD Rebuilder 0.37.07  See tail end of download thread for revision list. (Link is in first post in this thread.)

MilesAhead:
Another update of BDRB yesterday.  Here's a link to the changes:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1494979#post1494979

Go to top of that thread to download it and related required tools.

MilesAhead:
Changes in BD Rebuilder 0.38.02 (May 14th, 2011) release:

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p=1500824#post1500824

Remember to download all 3 software tools from the first post in that thread if you update. BDRB is sensitive to the versions of the tools it uses.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version