ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

BD Rebuilder 0.40.08 Beta

<< < (3/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
0.35.01 Released.  Has new x264.  Some new settings.  Some fixes.  See link to Doom9 thread in first post.

MilesAhead:
JDobbs says next release will have Movie Only standard DVD creation option.  No need to use another software to back up your BluRay to a standard DVD for playing on a standard player.

http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=144046&page=27

I'm very curious to see how it compares in output quality and processing time to HC Enc.  In fact my guess is he may use HC Enc from the Gui since it was one of the encoders included with DVD-Rebuilder.

MilesAhead:
BDRB 0.36.01 The new release with standard DVD output is here. I'll be trying the DVD output option soon. No subs support yet but planned.

See link in first thread.  Also for a list of changes look at the last page of that thread and work back. It's there.

MilesAhead:
I've done a few runs with DVD output.  The output looks good.  On my quad the conversion is complete in the run time of the film. Looks like the main tweaking, other than eventually supporting subtitles, will be on the bit rate calculation.  There's still some space to be used.  The DVD5 runs I did the output size was in the range 4.0 to 4.06 GB.  The author is already looking at it. I'm sure he tries to miss on the small side since a little too big and you can't burn to disc.

He uses HC Enc for the dvd conversion.  If you add
SHOW_ENCODER=1 to the options section of the .ini file the HC window will be displayed.

I think I did 3 conversions with dvd5 output and one to dvd9. I didn't see any audio out of sync or other issues or artifacts.  One one I used the .avs filter option to burn in forced subs.  You can use that to burn in subs until subtitle support is added, or you can add soft subs later with a program like DVDSubEdit.

sajman99:
Wazzup MilesAhead.

The new version of BD Rebuilder certainly sounds interesting. So BluRay to standard DVD with Hcenc? Sweet! :)

Thanks for continuing the updates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version