ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Death and the net: How to log off gracefully for the very last time

<< < (4/6) > >>

MilesAhead:
I don't recommend this method... way too corny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bytoID_SNnE

rjbull:
Yes, folks, it's Return of the Living Thread.  The 15 Jan. 2011 issue of New Scientist (209(2795)) comes with a CareersGuide supplement, which speculates about what you might find yourself doing in twenty years time:
With an increasing proportion of our personal estate residing in cyberspace, we will need someone to make sure that our online presence is dealt with in accordance with our wishes when we can no longer do it ourselves.

--- End quote ---
Their name for such an agency - Virtual Undertaker.

<sigh>

Target:
necrothread warning (sorry, I couldn't not do that)

I mate sent me the below link this morning - I'm not sure whether he's trying to tell me something or not, but I thought it may amuse some here

having attended to your virtual afterlife per the above, what to do with your mortal remains?

Holy smoke is a service that will 'load' your cremated ashes into the small arms ordnance of your choice.

If you've ever wanted a 21 gun salute at your funeral this could be the way to go...

Stoic Joker:
Example: 1 Pound of ash is enough to produce 250 shotshells (one case).
--- End quote ---

Perhaps this is for a 21 Gatling gun salute??

I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a purpose for this service that isn't just a teency bit disturbing.

Target:
I'm having a bit of trouble coming up with a purpose for this service that isn't just a teency bit disturbing.-Stoic Joker (October 03, 2011, 06:46 PM)
--- End quote ---

indeed, seems pretty bizarre to me (right up there with freeze drying deceased pets)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version