ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Which app stays open on your desktop all day?

<< < (8/10) > >>

zridling:
EmEditor text editor
XYplorer file manager
Opera browser
(...and AutoHotkey, of course)

vegas:
Keynote 1.6.9 / WinOrganizer 4.0 build 1049 (Can never make up my mind which I am using)
foobar2000 0.9.5 beta 7
SlickRun 3.9.8.4 (alpha)
Em Editor Pro 6.00.4
Firefox 2.0.0.11
Miranda IM 0.7.3
mIRC 6.31
Newsleecher 3.9 beta 11
Screenshot Captor 2.37.03
Media Player Classic 6.4.9.1
Orbit Downloader 2.4.3
-vegas (December 09, 2007, 06:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

OMG how did I forget XYPlorer, all day, every day (thanks Zaine, for reminding and recommending a while back). Although I do miss a dual-paned interface.

XYPlorer 6.60.0052

Lashiec:
Hey, I missed this one. So it would be:

* foobar2000
* Miranda (up to some point)
* Opera
* TED Notepad
* xplorer²
And the usual security software coupled with FARR to launch everything. Zaine, how things changed since your first post, huh? ;D

Nxqd3051990:
Opera
Internet Downloadmanager
Eset Smart Security
Arsclip
Power Menu
ATiTool ( For overclocking )

J-Mac:
The single most used application on my PC - with the possible exception of Firefox or Thunderbird - is The Journal 4, which is - no surprise here: a journaling/writing application.  I do keep a regular journal with it, but I also do all blog writing in it - it can send articles to any blog you are using. Also, I keep numerous other specialized journals in it. E.g., every time I make any kind of configuration change on my PC, I log it into a PC Maintenance journal. I have about 7 years of data in that journal alone. Whenever I start experiencing a new problem I start performing searches and find anything I changed that could have had an impact and caused the problem.

I also write reviews and compose them in The Journal. It's basically my one, all-around writing/logging tool.   :)

Jim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version