ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Honestly, who here actually owns an iPad? be honest!

<< < (3/6) > >>

daddydave:
Well, I haven't owned any Apple stuff ever, although I did some stuff on the Apple ][ (pronounced "two") when I was in college, and in a previous job touched a machine running Microsoft Entourage for Mac on occasion. If I think of the iPad as an a ebook reading appliance, it's somewhat tempting. But it's not really in my budget, and I'm waiting for the One True Ebook Reader to emerge before I commit, or else just read ebooks on my PDA.

Isn't it the only ebook reader that's in color? Which was the same deal with the Apple ][ for a while. Plus, I could watch Netflix instant watch on it. But for the price I could get a nice PDA on ebay which to my mind would be more powerful (no stinking app store for one thing).

If I think of it as an appliance, well, you don't expect to be able to install whatever software you want on an appliance, such as a toaster. Unless Even if it's a Cylon..hmm, tangent there.

Carol Haynes:
No iPads or iPods here ...

cranioscopical:
I have one of these.

The iPatch

It only works for one eye at a time and, if I break the elastic, it must go back to the manufacturer for an expensive repair.

wraith808:
As I said in another thread, I plan to get one- just don't have the funds yet.

Innuendo:
I just think it's hilarious that the question was "Who owns an iPad" and only anti-iPadders show up for comment  ;D ;D-Edvard (June 06, 2010, 10:01 AM)
--- End quote ---

Probably because the way original post was worded there was an implication of a plea for us to be honest and reveal our secred iPad lust.

It's only natural people will post replies stating "I've been honest all along! I really truly & sincerely do not own a steenkin' iPad and never will."

I don't see what the attraction is. You have to hold it always if you want to be comfortable. Hands-free operation means having to lay it down somewhere which isn't the ideal ergonomic environment for me.

You can only run apps from the Apple Store. I cannot run the same programs I love & rely on that are installed on my PC so data interchangeability is going to be either limited or nil.

The only use I can see for one is an iPad would make a great prop when nerds go to SciFi conventions dressed up as their favorite Star Trek & Stargate characters.

$500 for a fashion accessory is a little steep, but hey....Apple built an entire business around charging steep prices for fashion accessories.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version