topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday April 18, 2024, 10:32 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Vendr.com Beta invite code (good for first 100 people)  (Read 3208 times)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Vendr.com Beta invite code (good for first 100 people)
« on: June 08, 2010, 08:50 AM »
I was contacted recently by Vendr and asked to review their service on one of my blogs. The particular blog they wanted me to post it on (Snailware), it really doesn't fit with the theme of the blog (it's not desktop software for old computers), so I replied and declined.

They responded to my reply and informed me that the beta code they supplied in the original email, for inclusion in my article to be used by my readers, is still mine to give away to other people in any way I wish.

So, I figured I'd post it here in case anyone is interested in trying out their service.

This invite code is good for the first 100 people that use it to sign up for their closed beta.

MVA750CGY2

For more information on what exactly Vendr is, please refer to this article: http://thenextweb.co...eb-store-beta-codes/

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Vendr.com Beta invite code (good for first 100 people)
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2010, 08:58 AM »
nice concept, quote from the link provided, "The best part?  You can get it up and running in 15 minutes, no serious codemonkey needed." that's really a wow if they can pull it off. :)

app103

• That scary taskbar girl
  • Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Vendr.com Beta invite code (good for first 100 people)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2010, 10:05 AM »
They provide a snip of code to add to your site that creates a tab at the top of the page for your store. When clicked, the store opens up as an overlay on your site, which means your site visitors never have to leave your page to shop.

What I thought was really nice is that you sell your own products, not someone else's. So you could use this to sell your own software, ebooks, music, and other digital content that you have produced. Or you could use it to sell hard goods, as an alternative to etsy or ebay.