ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Word 2007: Are Table Styles safe to use now?

<< < (9/9)

AndyM:
When you need more than one line per record is when I stop looking at tabs and start looking at tables.

I suppose you could have several types of "lines" (actually one-line paragraphs).  One line would be set up with a style (styles include tabstops) to always be the first line in a "record", the other(s) to be the second, third, etc, with different tabstops if you wanted the second line indented, etc.

But then your records would be multiline and multiparagraph, which would make sorting (manually or automatic) a nightmare.  For me, generally in this scenario a borderless table would be the right tool for the job.

katykaty:
AndyM... going back to your advice on using tabs instead of tables.  How would one format text so each "cell" could have multiline text in it?  I dont see how tabs allow you to do this.
-kfitting (June 03, 2010, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
By using the correct tool - a table ;)

superboyac:
AndyM... going back to your advice on using tabs instead of tables.  How would one format text so each "cell" could have multiline text in it?  I dont see how tabs allow you to do this.
-kfitting (June 03, 2010, 02:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
By using the correct tool - a table ;)
-katykaty (June 05, 2010, 04:51 PM)
--- End quote ---
haha.  Funny. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version