ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Recommend deleter for files/directories with corrupted names?

<< < (2/2)

f0dder:
Tip for running console apps admin: open the start menu, type "cmd" into the search bar. Hit ctrl+shift+enter, instead of just enter, to launch cmd.exe elevated. From then on, any apps you start from the console will run elevated. FARR can do the same, btw :)

Anyway, I guess you're using FAT filesystem on the USB drive, since it got that corrupted? If you mainly use the the drive on a single machine, consider converting to NTFS.

rjbull:
Tip for running console apps admin: open the start menu, type "cmd" into the search bar. Hit ctrl+shift+enter, instead of just enter, to launch cmd.exe elevated. From then on, any apps you start from the console will run elevated. FARR can do the same, btw :)
-f0dder (June 04, 2010, 05:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks!  That could be a really useful tip  :)

I only just realised how to make things run as Admin under Windows Explorer  :-[  Don't double-click the file, right-click it and choose from the context menu.  When you're in a near-panic it's easy to overlook the obvious.

Anyway, I guess you're using FAT filesystem on the USB drive, since it got that corrupted? If you mainly use the drive on a single machine, consider converting to NTFS.
--- End quote ---

I was going to say I use it on other machines as well.  Then I remembered it's my back-up HD that really only runs on my own machine, whereas I do occasionally use my USB sticks on others.  So I'll have to look into converting to NTFS next time I mount it.

Thanks again  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version