ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Wii blamed on Child's Death: Guns looks like Controller

<< < (2/3) > >>

Eóin:
Ever heard of reckless endangerment? It is a crime.

Renegade:
I don't see how letting him off will set any sort of precedent for people who leave their guns lying around for a child to access, loaded none-the-less.
-Josh (June 03, 2010, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

True. But then again, do you really think that anyone stupid enough to leave a loaded gun out in the open when there are children around will actually be deterred by the threat of imprisonment? I doubt those kinds of people have the cognitive ability to process things like that.

BTW Josh, what's the signature about? I've not read anything about that.

Renegade:
Ever heard of reckless endangerment? It is a crime.
-Eóin (June 03, 2010, 06:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Anyone that leaves loaded guns around for children reasonably can claim diminished capacity as a defense. :)

Josh:
Why not charge him with involuntary manslaughter? He left his gun out and the child shot and killed themselves with it. Leaving the gun unsecured like that should immediately result in his prison sentence.

My signature was about the idea of opera forcing MS to advertise for them via the ballot window for browsers. It solved nothing and is being "clicked through" like every other addon such as this has been in the past.

Deozaan:
What Wii controller looks like a real gun, anyway?

This is the official one made by Nintendo:

If he owned one that looked more realistic than that, he ought to at least sue whatever 3rd party peripheral maker designed and sold it. Even the more realistic looking ones are mostly all white, with a particular black model that obviously has the Wiimote sticking really far out the end. It makes me think he got a realistic looking white one and painted it black, though that's just a guess.

It's really a tragedy for a child to be killed like this, especially because it is in no small part directly a consequence of the father's actions (both leaving the loaded gun out and owning a realistic looking gun accessory). And it's even further shameful that the father, instead of taking responsibility, is trying to shift the blame to video games.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version