ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Wii blamed on Child's Death: Guns looks like Controller

(1/3) > >>

Paul Keith:
I don't usually post links of this blog to this site but the details of this story seem like it would interest members here.

Source: http://www.sankakucomplex.com/2010/03/09/wii-blamed-in-little-girls-death-controller-looks-like-gun/

(Other sections are NSFW)

Eóin:
Next I suppose the steering wheel shaped controller will be blamed when some 4-year old crashes their parents car.

In any sane world that father would be jailed  >:(

Stoic Joker:
+1 for Eoin

Perhaps the most interesting aspect of this case is how easily mentioning video games in conjunction with a child’s death apparently deflects all media attention away from the stepfather’s decision to leave a loaded pistol within reach of an unsupervised 3-year-old child.
--- End quote ---

Yepper, that about sums it up nicely. ...And just for the record, I routinely carry a gun - which I am legally licensed to do.

Renegade:
I don't see how prosecuting the guy will help. He's got to live with the fact that he's responsible for his daughter's death. What prison could top that?

Josh:
I don't see how letting him off will set any sort of precedent for people who leave their guns lying around for a child to access, loaded none-the-less.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version