ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Linux based E-book reader with two touchscreens about to be released.

<< < (2/4) > >>

Renegade:
That looks really sexy! The video demo wasn't very impressive though. The Courier (R.I.P) video demo was simply amazing. If this can do half what the Courier demo did, it will be a very serious contender for the iPad for those that don't get sucked in by Apple's "Oh! But it's shiny and white!" marketing.

I wonder how it FEELS in your hands and if it is nice to read, like a real book. And when folded in half, does the second screen get protected? Didn't see that. I like to read with books folded back.

Anyways, thanks for posting that! :)

mouser:
regardless of the success of this particular model -- those of us pining for more choices for really high quality full sized ebook readers should be encouraged.. i'm getting excited at the possibility that 2010 may be the year for me to buy an ebook reader.

zridling:
I admit, it'd be great to have a tablet PC to carry around the house, in the car, in the big box hardware store to compare prices, and all number of things. If it also doubled as an ereader, all the more power to it. Can I get that with an i7 chip and 32Gb of RAM, though?
 ;)

Renegade:
I admit, it'd be great to have a tablet PC to carry around the house, in the car, in the big box hardware store to compare prices, and all number of things. If it also doubled as an ereader, all the more power to it. Can I get that with an i7 chip and 32Gb of RAM, though?
 ;)

-zridling (June 04, 2010, 08:59 AM)
--- End quote ---

Hahahaha~!

And a draft beer tap too~! :P (USB or Firewire is ok, just not wine! USB 1.1 is ok because I don't drink that fast anyways.)

Paul Keith:
This may turn some people off:

The Kno is heavy, and it probably has not much future as a luxury item, but for students it may well be what they need. Replacing a backpack filled with heavy books this could prevent anybody from taking the wrong books to school
--- End quote ---

http://www.handlewithlinux.com/linux-dual-screen-e-reader-tablet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version