ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

find hard drive info

(1/2) > >>

techidave:
I am looking for a small but portable application that will display the Hard drive manufacturer, model number, serial number and preferably the rotation speed and buffer size.

I checked on google but didn't find anything.

Any ideas?  I wonder if this would be a good idea for a coding snack?

Target:
there are probably any number of PC info tools that will do this but i use SIW (Everest used to be another) will do all you wanted except for the rotation speed, though if you have the model number you can get this from the manufacturers spec's

techidave:
Thanks but not quite what I am looking for.  I am aware of SIW, Belarc Advisor and others but just wanted something to give only hard drive info and nothing else. 

I was wanting something to give me the info with out opening the box or taking the drive out.  I know you can go into device manager but it is a few too many steps for my liking.

I was looking for something that was easy and quick and would work on all machines.  I work on quite a few machines and while desktops are usually easy to open up, some laptops can really try your patience in getting the hd out.

Innuendo:
Don't know how portable in practice it is, but Crystal Disk Info allows to unzipped and run from a directory.

It looks like it'll do what you want as long as you don't use the "Startup" or "Event Log" features.

Oh, and it's freeware.  :)

PhilB66:
Drive Manager @ http://www.alexnolan.net/software/driveman.htm (Download the .zip package for the portable version of Drive Manager)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version