topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 3:18 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: How to get rejected from the App Store  (Read 4031 times)

zridling

• Friend of the Site
  • Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
How to get rejected from the App Store
« on: June 04, 2010, 09:16 AM »
Neil McAllister thinks he's figured out how.

appstore2010.jpg

It seems as if a week doesn't pass without a new story of some app being rejected from Apple's iPhone App Store. Should developers really be surprised? Steve Jobs never wanted third-party developers tinkering with his platform in the first place -- he thought Safari-based Web apps would be enough. Little wonder, then, that when Apple launched the App Store in 2008, it was under strict conditions.

Still, it'd be nice for Apple to make those conditions clear. Apple has been tinkering with the language of its iPhone SDK license agreement lately, but that hasn't done much to clarify the rules -- unless you're Adobe. For everyone else, the App Store's requirements seem as vague and capricious as ever.

So let's try to tally the score. There's no guarantee that anyone's app will be accepted, but as near as I can tell, here are a few things you can do to get you booted off the App Store

Veign

• Charter Honorary Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Veign - Where design meets development
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to get rejected from the App Store
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2010, 09:56 AM »
This one reason I haven't forked out the dough to get an iPhone App created.  If Apple released a way for Windows users to create apps then I would do it myself and only waste time.  I just cant afford to waste money right now.

For now I'll live with the website I built as a touch version:
iPhone-home.jpg

Bothers me so much that, as a Windows user, I can't build an iPhone App (with hacks).

daddydave

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • test
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: How to get rejected from the App Store
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2010, 10:25 AM »
Yep, those are good reasons for the iPhone to wonder why it was ever born.