ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

PikyBasket replaced by Copywhiz

<< < (5/6) > >>

cmpm:
Here's a similar product, though it's not quite the same.
It's main function is to copy a file or files to multiple folders.
Using predefined rules saved to the program.

Installing it will autostart the program with windows.
But you can turn that off.

Copywhiz has more features but this is free for personal use.

http://www.interdesigner.com/more.htm

conceptworld:
@Innuendo

It would make sense if you sum up the complete thread instead of just the original post as the thread has taken different turns.

Regards,
Gautam Jain

Innuendo:
It would make sense if you sum up the complete thread instead of just the original post as the thread has taken different turns.-conceptworld (June 06, 2010, 11:10 AM)
--- End quote ---

If you'd like. I'll gladly do so, but the picture summing up the complete thread paints is no prettier than summing up the original post.

I don't think the thread has taken any turns at all. Oh, the road may have been a winding one with a few curves, but no turns. Functionality was removed from the original product for reasons unknown. You state that it was because they were lesser used features. That may indeed be the case, but I haven't ever seen a person who was happy their purchased product (especially one they have to pay an upgrade fee for) has less functionality. People are always happy when a product has been made easier to use, but ease of use does not mean fewer features.

No one in this thread has stated they are happy those features have been removed, but to be fair no one has stated they are unhappy, either. What definitely has happened in this thread is that at least one person has started exploring competing products.

Curt:
-because of the last couple of posts I want to be clear for my part:

I am glad that Copywhiz is more clever and a little easier to use than PikyBasket. At first I was also disappointed that it wasn't a free update, but come to think of it, I now think it was acceptable, well... almost fair! by Conceptworld to call it an upgrade to PikyBasket - this way giving PikySuite users the opportunity to upgrade with a discount. Conceptworld is not some user-group's social forum for poor or spoiled students, but a company with an obligation to make money, and the more money the better. So they could easily have avoided the discount.

But I will also say that I feel it was only like last month I purchased PikySuite, and I feel really disappointed that it now has lost its value. Copywhiz is called an upgrade to PikyBasket, but PikySuite  which includes PikyBasket  has been abandoned!! This gives me the distinct feeling that the company owes me something in return! Something like PikySuite Mk II, or Pro, whatever such a thing would be able to do.

conceptworld:

@Curt,

Copywhiz is free for all customers who purchased PikySuite in last 3 months. Since 1st March 2010.

However, you had purchase PikySuite in November 2008. Which is 1 year & 7 months back.

Regards,
Gautam Jain

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version