topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 12:02 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: PikyBasket replaced by Copywhiz  (Read 21962 times)

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
PikyBasket replaced by Copywhiz
« on: June 02, 2010, 07:34 AM »
To upgrade from PikySuite: $10
To purchase full key for Copywhiz: $20
Homepage: http://www.conceptworld.com/Copywhiz

Out of the three products PikyBasket, PikyTools & PikyFolders that were part of PikySuite, we have discontinued PikyTools & PikyFolders. The reason being, redundancy of similar features in Windows Vista/7 and also their incompatibility with 64-bit Windows.

We are pleased to let you know that we have launched the new version of PikyBasket by a new name called Copywhiz.

Many users felt that the previous version (PikyBasket) was not easy to use. We agree to them completely. The new version Copywhiz is simpler & more intuitive. Copywhiz is now compatible with 64-bit Windows and also lighter than PikySuite (no extra programs run in the background). Also, we have removed the desktop basket icon in the new version.

Please visit http://www.conceptworld.com/Copywhiz to learn more about Copywhiz.

Installation: Copywhiz will install as another program on your system. You can continue to use PikyTools & PikyFolders and also disable PikyBasket after installing Copywhiz. PikyBasket can be disabled from PikySuite's Preferences.

Thank you very much for your continuous co-operation & encouragement.

Regards,
The Conceptworld Team,
www.conceptworld.com
-Conceptworld

Hmm...  :-\

tinjaw

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: PikyBasket replaced by Copywhiz
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 07:54 AM »
Yes, I got that today. I am thoroughly unimpressed.

update: Because Conceptworld has been proactive and asked for feedback, I am download the trial version for my 64-bit Windows 7 box and will give it a try. Also, because of this, I will also mention that I am a happy owner of Notezilla and RecentX.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 09:44 AM by tinjaw »

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 09:13 AM »
Many users felt that the previous version (PikyBasket) was not easy to use. We agree to them completely. The new version Copywhiz is simpler & more intuitive.
-Conceptworld

So that's $10 please.

I am thoroughly unimpressed.

Indeed. Who wouldn't be?

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 10:13 AM »
Copywhiz is marginal easier to use than PikyBasket.

If you purchased the suite (and don't have programs like Open++ installed), Copywhiz will make it good sense to so far keep both PikyTools & PikyFolders, because you can't get them any more!

2010-06-02_164239-759.gif

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 01:25 PM by Curt »

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 11:43 PM »
Hello,

Thank you very much for your feedback.

We really wanted to be frank in conveying why we made the changes to PikySuite.

We have had 4 products till now (Notezilla, RecentX, PikySuite & QNP). We are completely enthusiastic about Notezilla, RecentX & QNP. We enjoy selling them because of their quality, idea & design.  Somehow we were not satisfied when selling PikySuite to our customers. We wanted to deliver the best to our customers.

This is the reason for change. We love Copywhiz now. The shape it has taken now is very encouraging. You will enjoy the new version more.

Try it out. You can use it for 30 days and then decide whether it is worth upgrading.

Thanks.

CleverCat

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2010, 01:09 AM »
I use an old free standalone version of PikyBasket and wouldn't be without it!

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2010, 02:15 AM »

Thanks CleverCat,

Yes. Many users are impressed with the simplicity of the free version. In order to retain the simplicity, we have relaunched the product as Copywhiz.

Regards,
Gautam Jain

Dormouse

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2010, 11:18 AM »
We really wanted to be frank in conveying why we made the changes to PikySuite.

We have had 4 products till now (Notezilla, RecentX, PikySuite & QNP). We are completely enthusiastic about Notezilla, RecentX & QNP. We enjoy selling them because of their quality, idea & design.  Somehow we were not satisfied when selling PikySuite to our customers. We wanted to deliver the best to our customers.
-conceptworld (June 02, 2010, 11:43 PM)

Being open is good.
Wanting to deliver the best to your customers is good.
Realising that one of your products is not good enough is OK - and certainly better than ignoring reality.

But charging customers who had bought the deficient product an upgrade price for a move to a revised, presumably better, product is much less fine - especially when the upgrade price is a fairly standard one (50% off). For products I like, I personally virtually always upgrade when the upgrade price is 75% off and never upgrade when it is less than 34% off; I think about it carefully when it is in the middle as your 50% is. Given that upgrading customers have been making do with (or probably not using) a product you consider deficient, it would have come across much better if you had offered them a free upgrade.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2010, 02:00 PM »
, it would have come across much better if you had offered them a free upgrade.

I agree 100%

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2010, 05:24 PM »
Can anyone here compare CopyWhiz to TeraCopy? I have a lifetime license for TeraCopy and it works pretty well on my 64 bit system, but I'm curious how Copywhiz compares.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2010, 05:44 PM »
-but, if not, there is a 30 day free trial...

Sorry, Darwin. I have both, but I don't remember using PikyBasket for the last couple of years, so I am not expecting to ever have a qualified opinion on Copywhiz, either.

Edited:
Copywhiz will install in different folder from PikyBasket
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 05:46 PM by Curt »

mwb1100

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2010, 07:04 PM »
Can anyone here compare CopyWhiz to TeraCopy? I have a lifetime license for TeraCopy and it works pretty well on my 64 bit system, but I'm curious how Copywhiz compares.

I can't say anything too intelligent since I haven't used PikyBasket or Copywhiz (though I've considered looking at PikyBasket in the past), but my understanding is that Copywhiz and TeraCopy address 2 different use cases: TeraCopy is intended to perform high speed file copies in the background, while PikyBasket/Copywhiz is intended to let you 'gather together' items from different sources to  paste elsewhere in a single shot (the destination might not be folder).

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2010, 07:47 PM »

I can't say anything too intelligent since I haven't used PikyBasket or Copywhiz (though I've considered looking at PikyBasket in the past), but my understanding is that Copywhiz and TeraCopy address 2 different use cases: TeraCopy is intended to perform high speed file copies in the background, while PikyBasket/Copywhiz is intended to let you 'gather together' items from different sources to  paste elsewhere in a single shot (the destination might not be folder).

OK, thanks mwb1100 - I've just re-read the CopyWhiz blurb and you're right. My earlier impression was that it was closer to TeraCopy in functionality. Looking at the features list, it seems quite an interesting product. So... you've actually managed to be quite intelligent (moreso than me at any rate, though that's not too difficult at the best of times).

I guess I'd better re-phrase my question and ask if TeraCopy and CopyWhiz will coexist nicely or not... In the meantime, I'll download the demo, as per Curt's suggestion  :Thmbsup:
« Last Edit: June 03, 2010, 07:48 PM by Darwin »

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 02:02 AM »
, it would have come across much better if you had offered them a free upgrade.

Yes, we agree too.

However, we definitely don't think that PikySuite was deficient. It worked very well on Windows XP systems. All the 3 sub-products were very useful. But Windows Vista/7 had many of the PikyTools features in-built. Also, they changed the File Open/Save windows and added Favorite Links (similar to PikyFolders).

We have just relaunched PikySuite with a new name removing all the features that users won't use anyways. Those features would be an hindrance to users work flow. The users are not at loss. In fact, we have made the user experience much better. It is a good feeling over all.

Thanks.

Yes, mwb1100 is right about Copywhiz & Teracopy.

Regards,
Gautam Jain

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 05:33 PM »
well, I had to try out my new Copywhiz  :-) It really is a renewed PikyBasket. And it is not a competitor to TeraCopy in any way: Right-click and copy-whiz any file, and another, and another, from here and there and everywhere,,, and then right-click and paste-whiz the lot at once! Or paste "special" or "advanced"...

Remember, it is for Explorer (and Total Commander, xplorer2 , Directory Opus, RecentX, XYPlorer, and ExplorerXP), not Internet Explorer.

2010-06-05_001632-761.gif

Edited:
"Paste" and "Paste Special" will do for me, but here is also "Paste Advanced":

_004526-764.gif

3.gif

I like it!  :up:
« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 05:46 PM by Curt »

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2010, 08:38 PM »
I installed the demo and gave it a whirl. I live in Dopus and don't think I need this. I just send files to a file collection and then perform actions on them that way... or am I missing something?

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2010, 12:48 AM »

Thanks Curt.

@Darwin

Selecting files from different folders and pasting at once is only one part of Copywhiz. It can let you copy files based type, date or size, copy files to multiple folders, review which files will be copied after you set the filter etc . Dopus is enough for you if it can do all of these.

Thanks.

Darwin

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2010, 07:46 AM »
Thanks Conceptworld - I've been playing with it some more and have watched the slideshow feature demo. There is functionality there that I doubt I can do with Dopus easily. However, in my case, I wonder if Copywhiz isn't a solution waiting for a problem!

I'll keep demo-ing!

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2010, 12:45 PM »
So....to sum up the original post:

Pay to upgrade your PikySuite & lose features. Yay.  :down:

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2010, 01:07 PM »
--:
..., Copywhiz will make it good sense to so far keep both PikyTools & PikyFolders, because you can't get them any more!

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2010, 01:18 PM »
Here's a similar product, though it's not quite the same.
It's main function is to copy a file or files to multiple folders.
Using predefined rules saved to the program.

Installing it will autostart the program with windows.
But you can turn that off.

Copywhiz has more features but this is free for personal use.

http://www.interdesigner.com/more.htm
« Last Edit: June 05, 2010, 01:21 PM by cmpm »

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 11:10 AM »
@Innuendo

It would make sense if you sum up the complete thread instead of just the original post as the thread has taken different turns.

Regards,
Gautam Jain

Innuendo

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2010, 12:57 PM »
It would make sense if you sum up the complete thread instead of just the original post as the thread has taken different turns.
-conceptworld (June 06, 2010, 11:10 AM)

If you'd like. I'll gladly do so, but the picture summing up the complete thread paints is no prettier than summing up the original post.

I don't think the thread has taken any turns at all. Oh, the road may have been a winding one with a few curves, but no turns. Functionality was removed from the original product for reasons unknown. You state that it was because they were lesser used features. That may indeed be the case, but I haven't ever seen a person who was happy their purchased product (especially one they have to pay an upgrade fee for) has less functionality. People are always happy when a product has been made easier to use, but ease of use does not mean fewer features.

No one in this thread has stated they are happy those features have been removed, but to be fair no one has stated they are unhappy, either. What definitely has happened in this thread is that at least one person has started exploring competing products.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2010, 04:43 PM »
-because of the last couple of posts I want to be clear for my part:

I am glad that Copywhiz is more clever and a little easier to use than PikyBasket. At first I was also disappointed that it wasn't a free update, but come to think of it, I now think it was acceptable, well... almost fair! by Conceptworld to call it an upgrade to PikyBasket - this way giving PikySuite users the opportunity to upgrade with a discount. Conceptworld is not some user-group's social forum for poor or spoiled students, but a company with an obligation to make money, and the more money the better. So they could easily have avoided the discount.

But I will also say that I feel it was only like last month I purchased PikySuite, and I feel really disappointed that it now has lost its value. Copywhiz is called an upgrade to PikyBasket, but PikySuite  which includes PikyBasket  has been abandoned!! This gives me the distinct feeling that the company owes me something in return! Something like PikySuite Mk II, or Pro, whatever such a thing would be able to do.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2010, 04:45 PM by Curt »

conceptworld

• Joined in 2005
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #24 on: June 07, 2010, 03:41 AM »

@Curt,

Copywhiz is free for all customers who purchased PikySuite in last 3 months. Since 1st March 2010.

However, you had purchase PikySuite in November 2008. Which is 1 year & 7 months back.

Regards,
Gautam Jain