ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

PikyBasket replaced by Copywhiz

<< < (3/6) > >>

Curt:
-but, if not, there is a 30 day free trial...

Sorry, Darwin. I have both, but I don't remember using PikyBasket for the last couple of years, so I am not expecting to ever have a qualified opinion on Copywhiz, either.

Edited:
Copywhiz will install in different folder from PikyBasket

mwb1100:
Can anyone here compare CopyWhiz to TeraCopy? I have a lifetime license for TeraCopy and it works pretty well on my 64 bit system, but I'm curious how Copywhiz compares.
-Darwin (June 03, 2010, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can't say anything too intelligent since I haven't used PikyBasket or Copywhiz (though I've considered looking at PikyBasket in the past), but my understanding is that Copywhiz and TeraCopy address 2 different use cases: TeraCopy is intended to perform high speed file copies in the background, while PikyBasket/Copywhiz is intended to let you 'gather together' items from different sources to  paste elsewhere in a single shot (the destination might not be folder).

Darwin:
Can anyone here compare CopyWhiz to TeraCopy? I have a lifetime license for TeraCopy and it works pretty well on my 64 bit system, but I'm curious how Copywhiz compares.
-Darwin (June 03, 2010, 05:24 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can't say anything too intelligent since I haven't used PikyBasket or Copywhiz (though I've considered looking at PikyBasket in the past), but my understanding is that Copywhiz and TeraCopy address 2 different use cases: TeraCopy is intended to perform high speed file copies in the background, while PikyBasket/Copywhiz is intended to let you 'gather together' items from different sources to  paste elsewhere in a single shot (the destination might not be folder).

-mwb1100 (June 03, 2010, 07:04 PM)
--- End quote ---

OK, thanks mwb1100 - I've just re-read the CopyWhiz blurb and you're right. My earlier impression was that it was closer to TeraCopy in functionality. Looking at the features list, it seems quite an interesting product. So... you've actually managed to be quite intelligent (moreso than me at any rate, though that's not too difficult at the best of times).

I guess I'd better re-phrase my question and ask if TeraCopy and CopyWhiz will coexist nicely or not... In the meantime, I'll download the demo, as per Curt's suggestion  :Thmbsup:

conceptworld:
, it would have come across much better if you had offered them a free upgrade.
--- End quote ---

Yes, we agree too.

However, we definitely don't think that PikySuite was deficient. It worked very well on Windows XP systems. All the 3 sub-products were very useful. But Windows Vista/7 had many of the PikyTools features in-built. Also, they changed the File Open/Save windows and added Favorite Links (similar to PikyFolders).

We have just relaunched PikySuite with a new name removing all the features that users won't use anyways. Those features would be an hindrance to users work flow. The users are not at loss. In fact, we have made the user experience much better. It is a good feeling over all.

Thanks.

Yes, mwb1100 is right about Copywhiz & Teracopy.

Regards,
Gautam Jain

Curt:
well, I had to try out my new Copywhiz  :-) It really is a renewed PikyBasket. And it is not a competitor to TeraCopy in any way: Right-click and copy-whiz any file, and another, and another, from here and there and everywhere,,, and then right-click and paste-whiz the lot at once! Or paste "special" or "advanced"...

Remember, it is for Explorer (and Total Commander, xplorer2 , Directory Opus, RecentX, XYPlorer, and ExplorerXP), not Internet Explorer.

Edited:
"Paste" and "Paste Special" will do for me, but here is also "Paste Advanced":

I like it!  :up:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version