ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

PikyBasket replaced by Copywhiz

<< < (2/6) > >>

CleverCat:
I use an old free standalone version of PikyBasket and wouldn't be without it!

conceptworld:

Thanks CleverCat,

Yes. Many users are impressed with the simplicity of the free version. In order to retain the simplicity, we have relaunched the product as Copywhiz.

Regards,
Gautam Jain

Dormouse:
We really wanted to be frank in conveying why we made the changes to PikySuite.

We have had 4 products till now (Notezilla, RecentX, PikySuite & QNP). We are completely enthusiastic about Notezilla, RecentX & QNP. We enjoy selling them because of their quality, idea & design.  Somehow we were not satisfied when selling PikySuite to our customers. We wanted to deliver the best to our customers.
-conceptworld (June 02, 2010, 11:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

Being open is good.
Wanting to deliver the best to your customers is good.
Realising that one of your products is not good enough is OK - and certainly better than ignoring reality.

But charging customers who had bought the deficient product an upgrade price for a move to a revised, presumably better, product is much less fine - especially when the upgrade price is a fairly standard one (50% off). For products I like, I personally virtually always upgrade when the upgrade price is 75% off and never upgrade when it is less than 34% off; I think about it carefully when it is in the middle as your 50% is. Given that upgrading customers have been making do with (or probably not using) a product you consider deficient, it would have come across much better if you had offered them a free upgrade.

Curt:
, it would have come across much better if you had offered them a free upgrade.
-Dormouse (June 03, 2010, 11:18 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree 100%

Darwin:
Can anyone here compare CopyWhiz to TeraCopy? I have a lifetime license for TeraCopy and it works pretty well on my 64 bit system, but I'm curious how Copywhiz compares.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version