topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 8:05 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Clipboard Manager with this feature  (Read 7345 times)

mwfuss

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Clipboard Manager with this feature
« on: June 02, 2010, 06:40 AM »
I know that there are few threads on the DC forum related to clipboard manager software and from reading through some of those threads, it is apparent that some DCer's have tried out many of these programs. What that in mind, I am hoping that someone can answer a question for me relatively easily. I have been using ClipMate for about 6 years now and I really like the program. However, it is lacking one feature that I would find to be very, very helpful. I am a preacher and I spend a great deal of time studying. I use UltraRecall to store the notes that I take as I am studying for a sermon. I also make extensive use of the Bible program BibleWorks. I usually end up copying a great many Biblical texts from BibleWorks to UR. Up to this point I have been in the habit of copying the texts that I need and then using ClipMate to append them and copy them all at once to UR. What I would like to be able to do, but cannot do with ClipMate [as verified by this post], is to select the texts from BibleWorks [or any other application] and have the copied matter automatically pasted into UR [or any other application that I choose]. I hope that what I am describing makes sense. Again, ClipMate will not paste automatically from one application to a target application. Does anyone know of any clipboard manager that has this feature? This is not something that I MUST have, but for my purposes, it would be most handy.

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Clipboard Manager with this feature
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2010, 06:53 AM »
If you use Firefox-

Hyperwords might be useful, if you know where to put the text so the program you want to use to put all your copied text into.

https://addons.mozil...4354?src=addondetail

http://www.hyperwords.net/

« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 07:09 AM by cmpm »

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2010, 06:54 AM »
Doesn't UltraRecall have some sort of "automatic clipboard capture" mode that you can turn on?

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2010, 07:03 AM »
I downloaded and installed it to check for you.  If you choose 'Tools, Quick Options, Import: Automatically import clipboard changes' does that give you the functionality that you want?  If not, my own ClipTrap program might be of use to you.

mwfuss

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2010, 07:22 AM »
Thanks for the suggestions! I will take a look at these and see how they work for me.

By the way, skwire, I feel a bit silly that I have been using UR for a couple of years now and did not realize that such a feature existed  :-[.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2010, 07:53 AM »
mwfuss,
Are you telling that you do'nt create your speaches with BibleWorks ["BW"], but that you are studying in BW, and typing in another editor?? I hope I misunderstood this part, but if not; this page should be useful: http://www.biblework...sroom/1_8/index.html

mwfuss

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2010, 08:08 AM »
Curt,

I know that most BW users would go into panic mode over the way that I use the program, but for me, I find it easier to make my notes in a program such as UR. It is just easier for me from an organizational point of view. I know that I am not making the best use of BW by doing it this way. I suppose I am a bit of a creature of habit.

I was actually using the BW & UR scenario as one example and it may be helpful for me to offer some clarification on what I am after here.

Since I have grown accustomed to using a clipboard manager [ClipMate] I was simply hoping that it would be possible to use such a program in this way:

I tell the clipboard manager to set a certain program as the past "target" program. This could be UltraRecall or Word or whatever other program is chosen. After setting the "target," everything that is copied to the clipboard is also automatically copied to the "target" program until I either change the target or turn off the feature.

After I wrote my original post, I discovered that ClipCache pro has this sort of capability. It is called Clipboard Routing and I am trying it out to see if it suits my desire.

As I stated in my original post, this feature is not an absolute necessity, but I would find it to be quite a time-saver. I hope all of that makes a little more sense than my first post.

Again, I am very thankful for everyone's input. Although I post very rarely, I find DC to be one of the most helpful sites I visit.

lanux128

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2010, 09:11 AM »
... What I would like to be able to do, but cannot do with ClipMate [as verified by this post], is to select the texts from BibleWorks [or any other application] and have the copied matter automatically pasted into UR [or any other application that I choose] ...

there is a somewhat similar discussion here. maybe you can try some of the suggestions mentioned..

I tell the clipboard manager to set a certain program as the past "target" program. This could be UltraRecall or Word or whatever other program is chosen. After setting the "target," everything that is copied to the clipboard is also automatically copied to the "target" program until I either change the target or turn off the feature.

alternately this can be done via an AHK script.

Curt

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2010, 10:35 AM »
After I wrote my original post, I discovered that ClipCache Pro has this sort of capability. It is called Clipboard Routing and I am trying it out to see if it suits my desire.

I would be pleased if you will tell the result of your test. Clipboard Routing has been of the many features on my computer's programs that I haven't tried because I had no idea what those words meant. ;-)

click for large:
2010-06-02_173138-760.gifClipboard Manager with this feature

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2010, 10:37 AM »
it's a neat idea..
though i'm guessing that you could instead use a clip merging function instead if your clipboard tool has that, to get nearly the same functionality; i.e. keep copying clips and then when you have many of them copied, go to the clipboard tool and merge them into one big clip and then paste into target application.

mwfuss

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2010, 10:58 AM »
it's a neat idea..
though i'm guessing that you could instead use a clip merging function instead if your clipboard tool has that, to get nearly the same functionality; i.e. keep copying clips and then when you have many of them copied, go to the clipboard tool and merge them into one big clip and then paste into target application.

mouser,

I have been using the merge feature of ClipMate lately to do this. I was just looking for a way to accomplish this without the extra steps.

After I wrote my original post, I discovered that ClipCache Pro has this sort of capability. It is called Clipboard Routing and I am trying it out to see if it suits my desire.

I would be pleased if you will tell the result of your test. Clipboard Routing has been of the many features on my computer's programs that I haven't tried because I had no idea what those words meant. ;-)

click for large: (see attachment in previous post)

I have been trying this feature for an hour or so and it seems to work quite well, at least, so far.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 11:24 AM by mwfuss »

sword

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2010, 03:07 PM »
mwfuss,
I like Advanced Clipboard Manager for merging clips but it needs Java 1.6. After <Ctrl+c>ing them you can type "s" "j" [select all and join] .and hit <RETURN> and all of the clips can be pasted in open windows with <Ctrl+v>
Cheers