ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Clipboard Manager with this feature

(1/3) > >>

mwfuss:
I know that there are few threads on the DC forum related to clipboard manager software and from reading through some of those threads, it is apparent that some DCer's have tried out many of these programs. What that in mind, I am hoping that someone can answer a question for me relatively easily. I have been using ClipMate for about 6 years now and I really like the program. However, it is lacking one feature that I would find to be very, very helpful. I am a preacher and I spend a great deal of time studying. I use UltraRecall to store the notes that I take as I am studying for a sermon. I also make extensive use of the Bible program BibleWorks. I usually end up copying a great many Biblical texts from BibleWorks to UR. Up to this point I have been in the habit of copying the texts that I need and then using ClipMate to append them and copy them all at once to UR. What I would like to be able to do, but cannot do with ClipMate [as verified by this post], is to select the texts from BibleWorks [or any other application] and have the copied matter automatically pasted into UR [or any other application that I choose]. I hope that what I am describing makes sense. Again, ClipMate will not paste automatically from one application to a target application. Does anyone know of any clipboard manager that has this feature? This is not something that I MUST have, but for my purposes, it would be most handy.

cmpm:
If you use Firefox-

Hyperwords might be useful, if you know where to put the text so the program you want to use to put all your copied text into.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addons/policy/0/1941/84354?src=addondetail

http://www.hyperwords.net/

skwire:
Doesn't UltraRecall have some sort of "automatic clipboard capture" mode that you can turn on?

skwire:
I downloaded and installed it to check for you.  If you choose 'Tools, Quick Options, Import: Automatically import clipboard changes' does that give you the functionality that you want?  If not, my own ClipTrap program might be of use to you.

mwfuss:
Thanks for the suggestions! I will take a look at these and see how they work for me.

By the way, skwire, I feel a bit silly that I have been using UR for a couple of years now and did not realize that such a feature existed  :-[.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version