ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > LaunchBar Commander

Text Description of Nodes

(1/1)

BobSummers:
I'm trying out LaunchBar.  I've been able to drag a toolbar folder to a dock.  When I click on the icon, a menu pops out with three other folders.  These sub folders have a text name beside them, BUT the folder icon on the Dock itself does not have any text -- AND I can't see how to show any text description/name in the Preferences or in the Help documentation.

Even the default "Documents" icon and othrs that were on the sample dock, doesn't have any text title beside them.

When I widen the dock (hopefully to see text -- but alas not) the icons all wrap up and I have several icons on each line.

-- How do I get the folder titles to display?   
-- How can I ensure that I have only one icon (hopefully with text) on each line.

I'm trying to do in Windows 7 what I had with floating toolbars in Win XP.

tx

Bob Summers
Kemptville, Ontario

mouser:
welcome bob :up:

click on the dock node itself and tell it you want to show the captions:

or if you want most of the icons on the dock to not have any text caption but only a few, select those few one at a time and on Node Overides tab for them choose to overide the caption style.

you might also try checking "All Same Width" on the dock node itself if you want to prevent wrapping in the case that you have some icons with large captions and some without.

let us know how you get on with it; check out this thread for people posting images of how they have their LBC set up: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=18759.0

BobSummers:
Perfect.  Thanks for the quick reply.  I'll start playing with this now.

Oops!  I keep losing "my" dock.  I can only bring up the "My First Dock" window.  If I double click on BobsLaunchBar2.mcf where I made my changes, it can't find the application (I can understand that part).  If I drag the same file to the LaunchBar Commander shortcut on my desktop, it only brings up "My First Dock".   The same thing happens if I double click on the LaunchBar Commander shortcut on my desktop.

How can I launch "my" dock??

tx

Bob Summers

mouser:
go to the launchbar commander configuration options.
from the file menu you can close the file that contains "my first dock" and LOAD BobsLaunchBar2.mcf.
after that it should remember to load that one in the future.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version