Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site July 30, 2014, 08:22:41 PM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the Practical Guide to DonationCoder.com Forum Search Features

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: {escape} to cancel printscreen  (Read 1818 times)
BGM
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: December 14, 2012, 10:24:34 AM »

In former versions of Screenshot Captor, if I initiated a screen capture (and have the crosshairs on the screen) but then want to cancel that action, I could push the escape key and it would cancel.  However, now I can't seem to do that - that is, escape doesn't do anything and I am forced to make some capture in order to continue.

Is there a setting for that or have I gotten my system out-of-whack somewhere?

SC v3.08.01 Windows7x64

-BGM
cmpm
Charter Member

View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2012, 11:20:23 AM »

I could not find a setting for that, and the help file says that should work.
You could uninstall SC, and reinstall it to see if that fixes it.
Your license will be saved when uninstall/install.
tomos
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2012, 02:00:09 PM »

just checked,
works here on Win7 64bit with the same version.

I have a memory of having the same problem in the not-too-distant past - but I never got around to reporting it, and now it's working fine...

Tom
BGM
Participant

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2013, 10:56:50 AM »

It seems to work now; I don't know if it was from an update, or because something fixed itself, but escape seems to work now. v4.00.01

-BGM
mouser
First Author
Administrator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2013, 02:51:31 PM »

Tip: You can also hit spacebar to reset the corner if you started dragging in the wrong place.
BGM
Participant

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2013, 02:53:24 PM »

Thanks, Mouser.  That is a good tip!

-BGM
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.025s | Server load: 0.29 ]