ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > The Getting Organized Experiment of 2009

Request: Please share your prioritization methods here

<< < (8/9) > >>

IainB:
@Paul Keith: Sorry, in case you had not noticed - I have updated my post above with 2 screenshots (you had asked for more) and some notes.

Paul Keith:
Thanks IainB.

Those things look interesting.

Preferably:

-analysis of goals

and

-superannuation

Could you clarify those?

IainB:
@Paul Keith:
-analysis of goals
--- End quote ---
This was the parent category that would be assigned by default to any record that related to an analysis of my own life goals, according to the mutually exclusive child sub-categories - which would have records assigned deliberately by me, as the user.

-superannuation
--- End quote ---
This was the parent category that would be assigned by default to any record that related to an analysis of the subject of superannuation, according to the mutually exclusive child sub-categories - which would have records assigned deliberately by me, as the user.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure if this helps you. These were logical structures which met my own peculiar needs, not necessarily anyone else's.

Paul Keith:
Thanks, these does help very much.

Peculiar needs is what's most important with a thread like this - chances are few people will find them via Googling.

Would you say that those names have no known quality other than a label?

That is, unlike say the inbox label, these parent labels don't really have any special purpose other than being parent labels?

IainB:
@Paul Keith:
Well, yes, their quality might be simply that of a label - but not necessarily exclusively that. They are "categories" - e.g., some of them, like Entry, When, Done, DOB, DOW, DOD, have a data type characteristic (see first screenshot below). Those are date formats, and can be whatever date you want and on which you can set rules for assignment conditions/actions. All other categories similarly can have rules for assignment conditions/actions (see second screenshot below).

I suppose the purpose might best be described as: to provide a logical context, a logical structure, and the logical rules (if necessary) for assigning them to a record.

It was only when you started to get the hang of these categories that you could start to realise the flexibility and power of Lotus Agenda.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version