Welcome Guest.   Make a donation to an author on the site August 01, 2014, 02:50:06 AM  *

Please login or register.
Or did you miss your validation email?

Login with username and password (forgot your password?)
Why not become a lifetime supporting member of the site with a one-time donation of any amount? Your donation entitles you to a ton of additional benefits, including access to exclusive discounts and downloads, the ability to enter monthly free software drawings, and a single non-expiring license key for all of our programs.

You must sign up here before you can post and access some areas of the site. Registration is totally free and confidential.

Read the full one-year retrospective report on DonationCoder.com.

Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sins of a Solar Empire - 80% off  (Read 3509 times)
lanux128
Global Moderator

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« on: May 29, 2010, 10:39:02 AM »

Sins of a Solar Empire is now only $3.99, a whopping 80% off!

Sins of a Solar Empire

Shades

see users location on a map View Profile Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 10:55:27 AM »

Crap, now I really hate not having a credit card. I love this game!

And the expansion is also not expensive....crap, crap, crap!  Sad
Deozaan
Charter Member

see users location on a map View Profile WWW Read user's biography. Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 03:31:02 PM »

Crap, now I really hate not having a credit card. I love this game!

If you are able to give me the money via donationcredits or PayPal then I'd be happy to make the purchase(s) for you. (But I guess you could buy it from PayPal yourself on Impulse.)

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 03:39:54 PM »

Hey that's weird. You can buy all 3 of them in the Trinity bundle for $40 or you can buy them separately for $24.

Sins: $4
Entrenchment: $10
Diplomacy: $10

Trinity (all 3 above): $40

EDIT: Actually it's cheaper (by a few cents) if you buy the Expansion bundle (Entrenchment+Diplomacy) for $19.95 instead of getting them separately for 9.99+9.99 = 19.98.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2010, 03:45:20 PM by Deozaan » Logged

wraith808
Supporting Member

"In my dreams, I always do it right."

« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2010, 04:02:13 PM »

I think that's because of the sale this weekend.

tinjaw
Supporting Member

I'm so glad breakbeat techno isn't an illegal drug

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2010, 07:23:01 AM »

I bought Sins at this sale price and I am waiting for the expansions to go on sale later. They would just be sitting unused while I played through the main game anyways.

Dirhael
Supporting Member

View Profile WWW Give some DonationCredits to this forum member
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2010, 09:11:24 AM »

I bought Sins at this sale price and I am waiting for the expansions to go on sale later. They would just be sitting unused while I played through the main game anyways.

That's not how the expansions work. They simply add functionality and features to the main game, making the whole thing (much) better. At no point would you not be playing the expansions if you have them installed.

Registered nurse by day, hobby programmer by night.
Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2010, 10:53:51 AM »

There is no "main" game. Sins has absolutely no campaign/story mode. It's purely solo skirmishes or multiplayer.

That's not how the expansions work. They simply add functionality and features to the main game, making the whole thing (much) better. At no point would you not be playing the expansions if you have them installed.

I believe you can actually play without the expansions even if you have them installed. A time when you might want to do this is, for instance, if you wanted to play a match with other players who didn't have the expansion(s).

Or if someone has Entrenchment but not Diplomacy, you can just play without the Diplomacy expansion by running Entrenchment and then you can play together.

Deozaan
Charter Member

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2011, 11:50:12 PM »

The entire Sins of a Solar Empire trilogy is on sale right now for $10 on Impulse.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/sinstrinity

lanux128
Global Moderator

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2012, 11:12:31 PM »

Sins of a Solar Empire - Trinity for $4.98. Deal expires November 1st.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/sinstrinity

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to:  
   Forum Home   Thread Marks Chat! Downloads Search Login Register  

DonationCoder.com | About Us
DonationCoder.com Forum | Powered by SMF
[ Page time: 0.04s | Server load: 0.09 ]