ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Popup Translator Shootout?

<< < (4/6) > >>

tomos:
ad 1.) you press Ctrl two times (quickly)
ad 2.) yes!

Hth,
-David.P (May 10, 2012, 05:24 AM)
--- End quote ---

yes, now it sounds even better :)

daddydave:
Since I just couldn't get my former favorite "TranslateClient" to work properly AT ALL unfortunately (especially regarding the hotkey activation), I just identified QTranslate, which seems to work really well. I also like the standard hotkey "Double Ctrl."

This has a lot of potential to become my favorite popup translator!

Cheers David.P
-David.P (May 10, 2012, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

I usually am not interested in this category of software, but this is indeed pretty slick. It seems to have picked up my Firefox cookies, because it auto-detected that I wanted to translate into Hindi.

By the way, Double Ctrl was my old FARR shortcut. Actually I think I used to use Double Left Ctrl for Launchy and Double Right Ctrl for FARR, now I don't have Launchy installed and just stick with the FARR default.

David.P:
 :)

Curt:
Since I just couldn't get my former favorite "TranslateClient" to work properly AT ALL -David.P (May 10, 2012, 04:22 AM)
--- End quote ---

According to a new Google policy, after December 2011 Google Translation will be available only in the Pro version. -TranslateClient
--- End quote ---

David.P:
That was not the reason -- TranslateClient would just pop up at random intervals and get in my way.

OTOH that new TranslateClient Pro Policy is annoying anyway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version